Chapter 33: One Shall Rise: Part 3: Saviors of Earth

Normal Perspective:

Darkness.

Darkness surrounded them, in every sense of the word's meaning.

It surrounded the party as they made their way through many tunnels and across various bridges, all the while being guided by Megatron. No one in the group trusted him. Not at all, but he was their only means of accomplishing their mission.

Well, he and Optimus were.

Michael was thankful to have his Keyblade, as was his counterpart, since they were granted temporary immunity to the Dark Energon around them.

But their mystical weapon's power would only protect them for so long before they had to deal with the dark substance themselves like the others were.

As they made their way through, Michael couldn't help but look at his other self.

What reason did he have to help them save the Earth?

He hated him, and yet he was putting that aside to help them save the planet.

Granted, Optimus and Megatron were doing the same, but that was due to the circumstances as they both needed to work together if they all were to succeed.

What benefit did saving this planet serve his counterpart though?

His thoughts were interrupted as Megatron felt a sharp pain in his helm and he fell down to one knee-plate as a vision flashed in his mind.

The vision showed the Earth cracking, then Unicron's face, then a purple version of Earth cracking at a fast speed before exploding.

Megatron opened his optics, which flashed for a second before receding to their 'normal' purple.

"Unicron grows ever stronger." Megatron said, before getting up. He glanced at Optimus before walking on ahead passed the others.

"How do we know Unicron isn't using Megatron to lead us all into a trap?" Arcee asked seriously.

"We do not." Optimus replied as he too walked ahead.

Arcee deployed her blasters just in case, as she and the others followed on.

Unbeknownst to everyone, including Michael who had forgotten, mechanical creatures were lurking on the ceiling behind them.

Above the surface at the base, night had fallen, and the storms had not let up. Inside, Ratchet and the humans were watching the news to keep tabs on what was currently happening to the world outside their base.

"More than 60 volcanos are erupting worldwide, and downtown Honolulu is under 6 inches of snow. Scientists continue to devise theories connecting these unprecedented natural disasters with the planetary alignment which-"

The broadcast then cut out.

"So, who wants to play a game?" June asked, trying to lighten the mood and pass the time.

The kids didn't reply. All of them worried for both their world, and their friends.

"That tears it!" Fowler snapped, having enough of seeing the world tear itself apart.

"Where are you going?" June asked.

"I can't just sit on my hands while the world just spins out of control!" Fowler replied in annoyance.

"And what exactly is it that you intend to do?" Ratchet asked, knowing that nothing could be done except for the one plan they have.

"Anything!" Fowler replied. "Hook up with my boys at the pentagon! Figure out how to bury that monster for good!"