Chapter 36: Orion Pax: Part 3: Forgotten, but Never Lost

Normal Perspective:

Cybertron's twin moons hung high in the sky as Jack and Arcee made their way through the ruined city of Kaon.

As they made their way through, the keycard began to resonate and glow again.

"We must be close." Jack said.

Soon, they made their way to a clearing, to which a statue of Megatron stood nearby. As they reached the middle of the clearing, the ground began to shake and crack as the glow of the keycard intensified.

The ground cracked even more, and a structure began to rise up from beneath the ground.

Soon, it stopped, and Jack and Arcee approached it.

The strange door responded to the keycard's presence, and glowed in the same way the key did before opening, revealing a passageway inside.

The two then approached it and stopped.

"Vector Sigma's... down here?" Jack asked, concerned about the location where the repository of the wisdom of the Primes was situated in below it.

"Kaon didn't always belong to the Decepticons." Arcee explained. "Megatron took it as a capital, apparently without ever realizing what lay beneath their feet."

Just as she finished, the sound of movement was heard above them, and they looked up to see the Insecticon, which jumped down to the lower level, making the femme run back to get distance. She tried shooting at it, but her blasters did no damage to its strong amour. 

The 'Con then saw her Autobot symbol, which, despite being the same color as the rest of her, was still noticeable, and it charged at her, crushing her between the wall and itself.

"Arcee!" Jack cried, concerned.

This made the Insecticon turn around, and it saw the keycard, making the raven-haired teen another target. It approached him and was about to attack him, but it was held off by Arcee, distracting it.

Jack then took this time to comm. the others.

"We're being attacked by some kind of giant bug beetle!" He said into the comm.

"An Insecticon!" Ratchet said, surprised.

"A what?!" June asked in shock.

"What are Decepticons doing on Cybertron?" Raf asked, worried.

"A few remained in stasis." Ratchet explained. "Sentries should the enemy return."

Arcee did her best to hold the Insection off, but that was all she could do. Knowing that there was no option, Arcee looked over at Jack.

"Jack!" She called. "Go!"

"Seriously?" Jack asked worriedly. He didn't want to leave her behind, nor did he want to travel by himself on a world he didn't know, even with a guide.

"Without Arcee?" June asked, surprised. "She's his guide!"

"No, Nurse Darby, Arcee is Jack's backup." Ratchet explained. "The keycard is his guide."

Arcee was beginning to struggle, as her strength was severely outmatched by the beast she was tangling with.

"Do it!" She called, knowing there wasn't much time nor any other option.

"Listen to her, Jack." June said into the base's comm. "You've made it this far. Optimus is counting on you."

Jack hesitated for a moment, then a determined expression crossed his face.

"Roger that, Mom." He replied, and walked backwards into the passage, which began to close. He watched the fight as the door closed, worried for his guardian.