Chapter 52: New Recruit

Normal Perspective:

A few weeks had passed since the relic hunt had ended, and since Breakdown and Knockout had been officially welcomed to Team Prime. Breakdown's recovery, from both his optic surgery and the Tox-En incident, had fully finished, and he was ready to go again. Bulkhead's recovery, however, was still in progress, but he was making good progress.

One evening, Raf, Jack, Vince, Jessica, Michael, and Bumblebee were looking through conspiracy websites again, as they did before everything with Unicron happened. Knockout, Cliffjumper, Breakdown, and Starscream were also in the Command Center, but weren't paying attention to what they were all doing, instead doing their own thing. The humans were looking for pictures of Bumblebee again, remembering the last time they did it, and had, yet again, come across another picture of Bumblebee, this time in his bipedal mode.

"Removing Bumblebee, and replace 'Bee with..." Raf said, as the video of a tap-dancing monkey came up.

"Tap-dancing monkey strikes again." Jack said, before he and Raf high-fived each other while Vince and Jessica rolled their eyes. Bumblebee just whirred something, which Michael found extremely cute, and chuckled, then Ratchet spoke up.

"Bumblebee's sightings on the world wide web are no laughing matter!" He scolded.

"Aw, come on Ratch." Michael said. "We have it under control. Besides, remember when you were interested last time?"

"Times have changed, Michael, as have priorities and serious matters." Ratchet responded.

"Fair point." Michael conceded. The young teen then turned to his boyfriend, who picked him up and put him on his shoulder-plate, making the teen grin, and he moved over to sit in the crook of his neck cables, hugging his helm, making the scout blush slightly. Jessica and the other kids looked at them before turning to each other.

"Are they cute together or what?" Jessica asked quietly with a smile, to which the others smiled and nodded.

Down below, Bulkhead and Miko were exercising again. Miko had apologized for her behavior, which the others, especially Bulkhead, accepted, and she was now helping the Wrecker recover again, this time as a friend. The green mech wasn't fit enough to use the Cybertronian gym equipment in the sparring room, leaving him to do various leg exercises instead, which he didn't find fun.

"8..." Miko counted. "9..." Bulkhead had to stop at 9, for he was beginning to strain.

"Why can't I just drive from now on?" He asked, mixed annoyance and disappointment in his voice.

"Because your legs will atrophy if you choose not to use them." Ratchet replied firmly.

Bulkhead just groaned, then they started again.

"1." Miko counted. "2. 3."

The humans, and Bumblebee watched from the human area before something caught Jack's eye.

"Wait, what's that?" He asked, and they all looked at Raf's computer, which had the picture of something bright streaking through the sky, but upon closer inspection, it seemed to be something far more interesting.

"A Cybertronian escape pod?" Raf asked in surprise, just as Optimus entered the room.

This caught everyone's attention.

"Here in Earth's atmosphere?" Ratchet asked in surprise.

"<:Hey Mike, didn't you and I see something in the sky a few weeks ago at the clearing when we were spending time there?:>" The scout asked.

"Yeah, we did." The teen answered. "This might be what we saw."

"And you didn't think to tell us about it?" Ratchet asked in slight annoyance.