xxxiv | Race to Ouroboros

Once the shock of the mini battle subsided, everyone planned on what to do next.

"I really pulled that cool ass move just for him to steal it right under my nose!" Scarlett exclaimed with a dramatic sigh. "He sucks."

Zane nearly shuddered recalling the feeling of pure heat smacking him in the face. "Next time you try to manipulate molten magma... please refrain from doing it when we are relying on the strength of Kai's feet."

"Yeah, I thought we were gonna die," Cole bluntly agreed.

"Okay, my bad."

Lloyd waddled out with a briefcase. Inside were the four destined weapons.

Wu sat on the seat attached to the shoulder of Nya's mech. "If Pythor returns the Fangblades to the City of Ouroboros, he'll awaken the Great Devourer!"

She turned her head up. "Well, we are not gonna let that happen!"

"Uh, what about me?" Lloyd asked, still hauling the clunky thing.

"We need someone to stay with the Bounty," Kai answered.

Lloyd dropped the briefcase to hold his hands high in the air. "But did you see me kick him in the face? I'm an asset! I kick butt! And face."

The former only smiled at his excitement. "Patience, kid. You're too important now that you're the chosen one."

"Patience, hmm?" Wu stroked his beard in interest. "Ah, the student has become the teacher."

Opening the case, Jay took out his nunchucks. "What do you say we play a little catch up?"

Cole grinned. "It's my favorite game!"

As Kai grabbed his sword, he looked toward Scarlett. "Wanna ride with me? Nya's mech is clearly too occupied."

"Mm, no thanks. I'm my own ride now."

Smiling, she ran to the edge of the rail and turned her head. "If I die, know that these were the best few months of my life!"

The teen then hopped over, seemingly falling to her doom. It wasn't long before a wave of flames burst in the air. Flying up was her in dragon form. She spread her wings before soaring off.

Cole guffawed at Kai's amusingly sullen look. "Imagine fumbling that."

He then did spinjitzu toward the edge, flying off into his car with a loud cheer.

The ninja jumped off the rail too, creating his bike in the air. "I did not fumble!"

Zane turned toward Jay. "What does he mean by fumbling?"

The latter chuckled. "Oh, buddy. I'll explain later."

They then followed next in their own respective vehicles, whooping loudly. Nya shot up miles high before dashing ahead to reach her teammates.

Lloyd muttered to himself, annoyed that he couldn't join in the fun.

In his jet, Jay pinpointed a large tour bus on the road. "I've got him in my sights."

It didn't take too long for them to catch up. The Serpentine caught this in the back camera.

Skales almost flipped out at seeing Scarlett. "Eugh! Iss that a dragon!?"

"That's right, you were launched a million miles away," Pythor lowly recalled with a small sigh. "How do you think I ended up charred?"

On the mini screen, they were getting closer. "At the rate we're going, they'll catch up to usss in no time!"