xxxii | The Scarlet Dragon

Lloyd looked up at the newly determined ninja. He admired how she not once faltered despite the drastic situation that made itself known.

The many Serpentine hissed as they inched closer. More and more appeared, Wu and Nya incapable of defeating them all.

Scarlett felt her heart race. Everyone was taking care of themselves, unable to look elsewhere.

She recalled back at the Fire Temple how she was too exhausted to bring Lloyd back up to his father a second time. She was devastated at Garmadon's desperate plea at the moment. She couldn't help him.

This time, she'd be there to protect the destined child; the Green Ninja. All her friends.

Scarlet flames rose from nothing, coating her entire body. Lloyd gasped and flinched, yet didn't let go. He was surprised at how the fire didn't hurt him.

"Scarlett?" he hesitantly asked.

The snakes all paused, weapons frozen in the air. A bright light flashed, brightening the entire setting. Even the three generals glanced up.

Garmadon and Jay momentarily ceased their fight to face her. The former was in shock. "What's happening?"

Wu jumped on board, unable to tear his eyes away from the sight. A smile crawled up his face. "She's unlocked her true potential."

The flames spread around rapidly. They opened up like a swirl, knocking out every snake that stood on deck. The generals were sent back many yards, essentially releasing their grips on the remaining ninjas.

The swirls grew in size. Their speed increased as well as they unfurled even out in the open sand.

Nya thought the flames were going to hurt her. However, she was a second too late to jump, and they coated her suit. Though upon not feeling a thing, she gasped.

Cole was face down right in the fire. "Huh... hey, this doesn't hurt!"

Kai was still babbling due to the effects of the venom still in his system. Zane got to his feet to watch. Even Jay, who currently was not on their side, didn't feel anything.

Scarlett had enough control to not hurt her allies. The more power she felt, the stronger she got. The light exploded, temporarily blinding everyone.

Where she previously was now stood a tall dragon. It was the color of her gi, scales near indestructible. Golden horns rest atop its head and large red wings opened up from the back. The deep red eyes bored into the soul of everyone in front of it.

The it was Scarlett. And though she didn't realize it yet, the dragon that she turned into was the exact same dragon she previously faced in her dreams.

Lloyd found himself on her shoulder, high above the ground. "Woah!" He was in complete awe.

And so was everyone else.

"A dragon!?" the Fangpyre general shrieked. "Imposssible!"

Scarlett roared loudly. The snakes all screamed, running away as she flapped her wings. A few feet in the air, she released an overwhelming breath of dark fire targeted at each of her enemies.

"Retreat!" Skalidor shouted at the top of his lungs.

The others didn't hesitate to do so. Not only did she hit the snakes on deck, but the ones that still remained on the sand too. The generals slithered away back to the mountain in fear while the subordinates who could followed. Some were left charred, unfortunately.

Thinking he was one of them, Jay tried leaving too. However, Cole knocked him down on his stomach and kept a foot on his back.

"Oh no you don't."