vii | Fangpyre

The Ninja had no idea what happened overnight. Lloyd awakening the Fangpyre Tribe and using Ed and Edna's junkyard as a means to enlarge their army was definitely not something they expected.

Because they didn't expect it, they simply continued to work around the ship.

Jay appeared to be screwing something in the supposed defense system. His cheek was slightly dirtied from working inside the wires.

Kai, who carried some scrap in his arms with Zane, loudly announced, "Sure got a lot of junk piling up. If only there was a place we could get rid of it."

The ninja in blue looked up. "If you don't mind, I'm trying to focus."

Cole slid in just a few feet behind him holding a remote as a cell phone. "Hi, Mom and Dad. Of course, I'd love to visit! What kind of son would I be if I didn't want to?"

Jay sarcastically laughed, now getting to his feet. "I know what you're trying to do... okay, look. I might have promised to visit my parents, but there's a lot of stuff on my plate!"

Suddenly, the door to the Bridge from outside opened and Nya and Scarlett walked in. Both seemed to be much better since the attack on the monastery; the former no longer wore bandages on her arms.

"Hey, Scarlett." Jay waved before realizing he still had dirt on his face; he wiped it off as his tone in voice changed dramatically, as if he were swooning. "Hi, Nya..."

"You gonna visit your parents today?" Nya asked with a small smile.

"Sure am!" he quickly blurted in response. "Just about to leave."

"Tell them I say hi."

Scarlett's face lit up. "Oh! If they don't mind, could you bring back some stuff? I could definitely use spare parts."

"Yeah, absolutely! I'll make sure you'll be set for... whatever it is you're doing."

"Thank you, thank you! You're the best."

With that, the two teens walked out of the Bridge. When they were gone, the ninjas gave Jay some sort of glare.

"What?" He held his arms out as if he hadn't just contradicted himself. "So my plate's not that full."

And well, he wasn't going to lie to the girls; he was outside trying to pull his dragon out in a few minutes. Unfortunately, he didn't seem to want to leave.

"Come on, Wisp. It'll be a quick visit; just in and out, nothing more."

Wu appeared holding a large thermometer-like object. "Hmm, it is as I suspected. The dragons are molting. They're shedding their scales."

"What does that mean?"

"Every adolescent dragon goes through a transformation before it becomes an adult. We must allow them to migrate east to the Spirit Coves for their transformation."

Jay frowned. "Will we see them again?"

"It is hard to say." Hearing the conversation, the other three ninjas walked out as well toward their own dragons. "But we need to allow them to follow their path."