xiv | Snake Party

The four ninjas did spinjitzu into their changing room. With this, their suits were on and ready to go.

Zane's hadn't changed colors, making him sigh at the pink gi he wore. "Ah... I must get this taken care of."

It was clear now that Kai wasn't completely better; the venom left him a little twisty in the brain. He landed like a top toy, flat on his back and still in his pajamas.

Hood on, Jay leaned over him and winked. "Don't worry, it'll wear off soon. For now, you're coming with me."

In just a few minutes, the Bounty was over the dark sky covering Ninjago City. The four stood on the rail, preparing to jump down.

And Jay, holding a worried Kai—who had to put on his suit manually—by the back, hopped first.

His cheers were heard through the miles and miles they fell. Kai's screams of terror weren't very quiet; this was until the ninja in blue summoned his jet, silencing him.

Cole and Zane were next. The former quickly turned his head around and smiled excitedly. "Ah, I love the smell of land hurtling toward you in the middle of the night!"

Effortlessly, the two created their destined vehicles in the air. Zane drove down a building until he was on the cobblestone ground.

Cole went for a harder landing, simply letting his car fall straight down. Jay was the first to return his jet into a weapon, him and Kai flipping out of it.

Upon getting themselves together, preparing for an attack, the boys found the alley empty. They walked toward the bright lights, toward the city that three of them haven't seen until now.

The first spectacle was a section that resembled a small town. A few beam lights shined from behind, giving it a bit of a flashy look. Lanterns were lined up above the doors of these tiny shops.

Of course, edifices were all over. Apartments, businesses, all the like; it was a whole new world to them.

Except for Kai. As his teammates wowed in pure awe, he grinned. "Psh. Totally seen this place already."

It was, however, still a wondrous view.

Jay turned his head. "Yes, yes, Kai, you told us a million times that night that you took Scarlett back to her apartment here. Please don't flex about seeing the city again."

"You're just jealous."

"Jay cannot be jealous if he is witnessing the sight with his own eyes," Zane commented in response.

"Shut up, smartass."

"This is the biggest city in all of Ninjago. Crazy how I'm stepping foot in it right now," Cole muttered in disbelief.

Jay nodded. "Right. Always wanted to come here; I've only been near the outskirts."

"Yeah, I always dreamed of one day being on a billboard here."

"You too?"

"Yeah," Kai agreed, "me too."

"Well... one of us has accomplished that."