Sauske and Me

Y/N POV

"Okay so far we've searched the first 7 floors of the building and haven't found Naruto at all, and it's already past sundown, so we don't have much time left. . .Which means Naruto must be hidden in another prison or he's here with heavy, and very secretive security," Sauske says trying to calculate everything in his head.

"How many stories should this place have?"

"From what I remember, it should be around 10. But I don't think they would actually put Naruto in a place with such heavy security, yeah he's an idiot but he isn't dangerous."

"Wow. . ." I say to Sauske.

"What?" He says bringing his gaze to me.

"I've never heard you actually say something nice about Naruto and even go out of your way this much for Naruto, like ever. . ." I say to him, which is true because all Sauske does is talk shit about Naruto and how stupid he is.

"I don't always talk bad about Naruto!" He glares at me.

"Sureeeee Sauske, your pride just can't take the fact that you actually don't hate Naruto," I playfully push his shoulder.

"Enough Y/N I want to leave already, tomorrow we need to be up early for the academy and-"

"Ugh you and the academy Sauske!," I say causing him to roll his eyes. . . All Sauske does is follow rules, and mind his buisness and train, and train, and train!

"Sauske for once don't think about tomorrow or the past, just think of this moment. . .which is us going to break Naruto out of jail together!"

"Your too happy about this and we haven't even found Naruto yet," he still says glaring his eyes.

"But I know that we will! And once we do he is going to owe me some onigiri, I'm starving. . ."

"Your always starving," he whispers, but just loud enough for me to hear.

"Hey I heard that! Are you trying to call me fat Sauske!" I say yelling pointing my finger at him.

"Not necessarily. . .though you could cut down on the onigiri once in a while-" he says but I stop him from talking anymore by slapping him in the face.

Grabbing him by his collar I say, "watch it Sauske. . .yeah I'll let you shit talk me, but telling me to cut down on the onigiri is taking it to far. So next time you best be quiet or else your gonna be the one taking Naruto's place in jail."

"Alright now let's get back on track, I'm trying to leave early," I say leaving Sauske's collar and him with a concerned expression.

"Well c'mon Sauske your the one with the brain not me!"

"Mmhmm, yeah let's continue. . ." He whispered.

I wonder what's wrong with him now.

"Okay so let's split up-"

"I don't think that would be best, if we split up it'll just cause one of us to most likely get caught and have to make another escape plan," I say to Sauske.

"Your the one who would most likely cause all of that to happen, but your right. Fine let's just search the next 3 floors quickly, and if we can't find Naruto we need to wait till tomorrow morning."

"We can't wait till tomorrow morning Sauske! Naruto would be miserable."

"Well then you better pray he's here. I don't have all day for this either," he says walking away.

"Sauske you know you didn't need to do this if you didn't want to, I know I asked for your help but if your going to keep on carrying your depressed and irritated face then it's best you just go, I can do this myself-"

"And what leave you here to get caught again and do something even more stupid. I did this because I know you can't do this by yourself, and you were basically begging me to help you," he said turning back at me once again.

"I WAS NOT BEGGING!" I whisper yell at Sauske.

"You literally told me that you can't do this without me," he said smirking at me.

"Huhhhhhhhh, you're twisting my words you piece of shit! I never, never, NEVER SAID THAT!"

"Even if you did or didn't, you need my help don't you?" He said getting weirdly closer to me, his face a little to close for my liking.

Stopping him from getting any closer to my face I smacked with my hand pushing him back saying, "you need to humble yourself Sauske, I don't need you that much and have you not learned anything about personal space you weirdo."

Stumbling a little after I pushed him he said, "you just have to much pride to admit it Y/N. . . Now let's hurry I don't have all day."

I roll my eyes at him, he can genuinely be so annoying and irritating to be around. I don't understand how all the girls are so in love with him.

Running down to the eighth floor me and Sauske avoid as many guards as we can, and tried to be as silent as we could. To be honest, I still don't understand why Sauske chose to help me, doing anything that involves other people makes him
miserable, especially Naruto.

"Y/N?" He asks out of nowhere while we were running.

"What?" I replied running behind him.

"Why are you even friends with Naruto? He's only slowing you down." He said while he kept running.

I stopped and said, "why do you keep asking me about this Sauske? I'm friends with Naruto because I want to be, he's not slowing me down, he's literally the reason why I want to become a ninja-"

"But look Y/N! You have strength to become a great ninja! But you're with the wrong people-"

"Do you want me to end up like you with no one? No thanks Sauske. . . I don't care if I'm the best or the worst ninja, no matter what Naruto will be with me through it all-"

"Are saying you only wanted to become a ninja cause of Naruto?"

"No I'm not, but he was the one who actually encouraged me to do it! I don't even get why your asking me this!"

"Because Naruto is slowing you down! Your with a person who isn't giving you a good reputation, you were literally in jail because of him!"

"So what! I'd rather be in jail with my best friend than not be in jail and never be able to see him again!"

"You make a fool of yourself Y/N all because of Naruto, when your with an idiot you soon become one! If you stop being with him maybe you'll-"

"Are you saying I should stop being friends with him just to become a better ninja!"

"Being a ninja is more important than making bonds, power is more important than anything. You can't have that with Naruto."

"Sauske what the hell are you even saying! We're literally 10 and your telling me who I should and shouldn't hang out with! Listen Sauske I don't give a damn about power, being a ninja, or whatever, all I care about is being surrounded with people who support me! And if your against that too then leave!"

"I'm only trying to help you! Naruto isn't going to always be with you forever, so grow up-"

"Sauske! Just. . . Just. . . Stop I don't want to talk about this anymore. I'll do the rest on my own, you clearly showed me you don't care about Naruto. . . or me."

"Tch, you clearly can't take the truth Y/N. I thought you were different but you're just like every other student in the academy. . . a sensitive child. Whatever have fun by yourself. . ." He says walking away.

I didn't expect him to actually leave, but then again I shouldn't expect anything from him, we're not even friends.