Sauske Uchiha

Reader POV

Never in my life have I ever met someone so conceited, and aggravating! This little anti-social awkward kid comes into my life and ruins my dreams of becoming the best of the best ninjas. He just has to throw every kunai perfectly, and fight his opponents perfectly, and be able not to show any emotion PERFECTLY.

I hate perfection, it's literally nonexistent, and this wanna be does it like it's nothing! Like no one actually means anything to him!

We've barley been a month in the academy and he's already the Star student. Everything Iruka sensei has taught us has been perfectly demonstrated by Sauske. Everytime the girls see him they faint, swoon over him, and are so desperate to just talk to him.

But I'll show everyone that Sauske Uchiha is the loser, not me or Naruto. Todays my perfect chance, we have a shuriken throwing test and lately I've been analyzing what Sauske's techniques are.

Every single movement, every single joint and bone has been analyzed in my brain till perfection. I practiced every night for two weeks straight just to hit the target, and today is finally the day to show off how far I've come.

"Y/N you're next, you know the drill just throw the shurikens at the target", Iruka sensei says to me while I step forward.

'Breathe in Y/N, breathe. Don't let anything distract you. Even though I can feel everyone heavily staring at me, but don't worry it's fine, I'm fine, I'll do fine! I just need to concentrate and hit the target.'

"I'm pretty sure she won't even land near the tree," I hear the girls whisper. 'Just ignore them y/n this is all about you not them.'

In a quick swift movement, my hand released the three shurikens and as quickly as it all happened I only landed two on the target and the other well, didn't land anywhere near a tree.

"Are you serious right now, Sensei can I do it again please, I promise I'll do it even better than before," I said pleading and disappointed.

"No Y/N and you did good, landed two of the targets is better than none, and your stance and aim was much better than the last time we practiced," he said patting my head and continued to the others to take their test.

"Your doing it wrong," Sauske said as I sat down next to him.

"Excuse me?" I said turning to him. "I said your doing it wrong, your problem is the weight of your hand, your doing to much movement."

"Huh, and since when did you become an expert in hand movement?" I replied.

"Tch, I don't need to be an expert in something to be better than you."

'This little ostrich really thinks he's better than everyone. Whatever karma will get to him eventually.

"It's not that big of a deal Sauske, throwing a shuriken perfectly isn't the only thing a shinobi needs to do. There also needs to be teamwork, instead of wasting so much time practicing alone go be friends with someone". Holding his hands together in front of his face and glaring at Naruto once it's his turn he says, "Making bonds with people is pointless, I work alone. Everyone else will only slow me down."

Sighing heavily I tell him, "You're hopeless Sauske, you clearly don't realize the amount of people who would pay you large amounts of money just to hang out with you for a day. But suit yourself little Ostrich, and stop scowling at people like that, it makes you look like a psycho". Then before I leave him alone, I give him a strong slap in the head, causing him to almost choke on his own saliva. And as I'm walking away laughing I can already picture the glare he's giving me.

****

Naruto was the only one who didn't pass the shuriken test, and as much as he tried he was always struggling. I didn't get a perfect score but I managed, everyone else did "amazing" according to Iruka Sensei. Now we're currently learning about genjutsu, how people can cast illusions on us to their advantage and we need to figure out how to use one, figure out when we're in one, and how to escape it.