On That Swing

Third POV

Naruto Uzumaki and Y/N were inseparable ever since the moment they decided to become friends. The moment Y/N could escape her hell hole and Naruto was finished at the academy, they immediately went to the playground to meet each other on the swings.

Each day they would create some new prank to do on Iruka sensei or even the Third Hokage himself. Y/N never knew how to have fun in her life, but Naruto was there to finally teach her. Of course they both got in major trouble, but what more could they take from them. They were raised with nothing and no person around them, the only thing they truly valued was each other, and the Third Hokage could never be so cruel as to separate them.

They both shared their dreams constantly, they both laughed and enjoyed each other's company constantly, they both stood up for one another constantly, and they both loved each other unconditionally.

"Naruto. . .", Y/N asked with so much sincere in her voice Naruto had thought something was wrong with her.

"Yeah?" He replied quickly.

"Do you think we'll always have each other?"

Her question shocked him and caught him off guard. Once she saw his reaction she quickly responded saying, "well you plan on becoming a ninja, and well many shinobi die." He held her hand and comforted her saying "I will always be here Y/N even if you don't want me here and you get annoyed of me. AND NOTHING can ever kill me in battle".

He sounded so reassuring to Y/N that she felt calmer and less anxious about him being in the ninja academy.

"Don't you want to become a shinobi?"

"I do, but no girls at the orphanage can become one because we're trying to find families, and according to the ones in charge, learning how to run a household is more important than learning how to fight".

"Well what if you signed up without them knowing? And other kids are joining too since the new year starts next week. Come on Y/N that means we can be partners and become fighters together!"

"I don't know, I don't have any experience with fighting or weapons at all. I will probably hurt someone just because I don't know how to throw a kunai properly". "Well that's the whole point of joining the academy so we can learn those techniques".

Naruto kept begging her until she said yes and he gave a hug to his best friend.

Soon after, the kids run to the academy to get Y/N signed in and ready to join the following week and others were joining too. There they saw kids their age all playing together talking about how excited they were from joining and how they'll become the best ninjas in the world.

"Naruto! You still haven't graduated from the academy?!" A random boy says to him.

"It's only cause of Iruka sensei! I will become an amazing shinobi!" Naruto said frustrated. "Keep dreaming," the boy replied walking away with his friends.

"I'm guessing not many people like you here too Naruto". Annoyed at the situation Naruto scoffs at y/n, "watch Y/N, you'll see why I will become the best of the best, Iruka just keeps me here because he'll miss me if I leave."

Laughing at Naruto, Y/N told him "it's okay Naruto I won't judge you, but this time YOU WILL PASS, and now you have me to help you."

Soon after the whole registration process, the duo leaves the academy to go do another prank on of the ladies in the orphanage. Without realizing where he was going Naruto bumps into someone.

"Watch where your going loser," the boy says.

"Who you calling loser?!" Naruto says getting close to his face. "Your the only loser here I see", he responds nonchalantly.

"Hey!" Y/N says seperating the two. "It's best not to start anything right now, and he's not worth our time Naruto, we have better things to do than talk to someone like him," she says eyeing the boy ready to take him on at any moment. "Tch, your both losers", he says walking away.

The moment his back was turned on them, Y/N flipped him off with her middle fingers and thought how similar he looked to an ostrich. "Don't pay attention to him Naruto, we won't have to deal with him ever again".

*The Following Week*

"You've got to be kidding me", Y/N and Naruto say in union when they notice that the very boy who they didn't want to see was in the same class as them.

The duo and the kid both stared at each other and made a frustrated and annoyed face at one another until they were seated.

"You really think I won't get in trouble for this Naruto? Because they will kick me out of the orphanage and I'll live on the streets". Naruto putting his feet on the desk replied to her saying," everything's going to be fine Y/N, if anything happens you can live with me".

"You know what that's not a bad idea. . . What if I moved in today! That would be awesome, but how am I going to leave the orphanage, I have to think of something, maybe if I faked my death! No that could never work cause I'll still live in the village, what if I said the Hokage himself wanted me out! No that still won't work. . . Maybe if I-"

"Ughhhhhhhh Y/N........your doing it again! And it's giving me a headache!" Naruto says rubbing his head. "Just go to the orphanage get your things and leave, easy peasy. And if we get caught just say your living with a long lost relative".

"But what if-"

"Alright everyone, welcome as you know you are here because you have a dream to become some great shinobi and. . ."

"Iruka sensei at it again with the same old speech every year" Naruto whispers. "Hey Y/N why do all the girls look only at Sauske? What does he have that I don't?!" Naruto angrily whispers.

"Naruto you are ten times better than Sauske, in every way. It's the girls that have bad taste in men that's why they haven't gone for you, they're clearly blind".

"Hey, you really think so Y/N?!" Naruto says excitedly with his eyes beaming at her.

"I know so Naruto, watch when we get older your gonna get so many fangirls your not even gonna remember their names."

"Haha, that'll truly show Sauske how much better I am than him, and being in the same class together and beating him in everything will be the perfect start."

"Yeah keep thinking like that Naruto-Wait Sauskes in this class????" Y/N says. "Well yeah the guy who you said looked like an ostrich is him right there", Naruto says pointing at the kid who called them losers.

"Wait, that's SAUSKE UCHIHA!!??! and he's in our class?!!!"