Naruto Uzumaki

Reader POV

I've always been the weird kid, every time I'm at the orphanage no one seems to enjoy my presence. Every time I want to join a groups game they always looked down on me like I'm worthless, like I'm nothing. The girls, who act like they run the whole village, don't even look at me and when I force them too they well, they make me not want to do it again.

But I think the whole situation is weird, they're just like me. Abandoned, left behind, families were killed, and yet they make fun of me being an orphan and an outsider when they're the exact same, it's pretty ironic but they don't even know what that means since the girls my age currently only think about one thing.

Sauske Uchiha

I've actually never met him but every time I am near the girls enough to hear their conversation that's all they ramble about. Poor them, Sauske probably doesn't even know they exist.

Today specifically I woke up in the girls shared bedrooms, I was the last one left, like always, and well since I don't have any friends I don't have anyone to eat breakfast with. Most of the time I just come back to eat in the room alone while everyone's in the dining hall, but today, today of all days in the entire year, is the worst.

"Hey ugly!" I hear the popular girl Mista say. 'Just ignore it Y/N or else you will get in trouble again' I told myself repeatedly.

"Hey ugly I'm talking to you!" I hear her say as she comes closer up to me. "I said I'm talking to you freak" she whispered up in my ear while I was walking in the hallways trying to get back to the room.

I push past her body causing her to tumble a little, I keep walking straight and ignoring her but then I feel a hand on my shoulder. I'm forced to turn around at this point because if I didn't she most likely would've pulled my hair which would've caused a scene.

"Respond when I talk to you freak". I stare up and down at her and say, "well you never said my name, sorry but I thought you were talking to someone else".

"The only ugly freak I see here is you, and stop acting like you don't know it". Her friends all start to surround me, 'are they seriously doing this in right now'.

"How about you give me your aid money, and then I'll think about you leaving."

'Is this little girl serious right now, why is she so mean we're literally seven.'

"All the kids here get the aid money, why do you need more? It's not like people are willing to sell you much since your a kid."

And that there was when I struck a nerve with little miss Mista. She got my oatmeal and threw it at my face and before I could react, she grabbed me by my collar and had said that if I "don't give her that money she will make sure Miss Daí knows how I've been sneaking out every night."

They soon all left me with oatmeal covered all over my body, which means no breakfast today, new clothes, another shower, and eventually no money to buy my necessities.

Life sucks right now, and I'm only seven, imagine when I'm 20, I'm going to be dead most likely.

Soon after I gave my money to Mista which was only like 20 dollars, she left me alone. Usually when I feel depressed and alone, I go to the playground and just sit on the swings until I realize it's past curfew.

"Look at him! That monster!", I hear someone say and various amounts of yelling.

"You pathetic piece of shit, you can't even fight for yourself," a boy says laughing. I get off my swing and go to the alleyway where I hear the sound, I see three boys beating and kicking some kid on the ground.

"Hey! Leave him alone!" I say running up to them making myself a guard for the kid on the floor.

"Oh look a girl has to fight for you, your weak! Your nothing! Your a mistake!" The tallest boy says to both me and the kid.

"Shut up!" I said yelling at the top of my lungs. "Shut up! You can't say that to him or me. . . You. . . Your the weak one", I say with tremble in my voice.

'Man I messed up big time now'. They started walking forward to me and said "what did you say? I didn't know little girls had balls".

Wow, that was rude as hell but I'm going to leave it, the goal is for this kid to be safe.

I turn around and see that the kid finally stood up and became more confident and dominant in what he was doing.

"Oh look, the baby finally got up, guess he might not be weak after all", in a sudden flash the kid who was considered 'weak' punched the tall one in the face and the other two were so scared they ran off themselves.

He soon turned around to me and looked me straight in the eye and told me, "are you okay? Did those guys scare you? I'll protect you, after all I am future hokage", he said proud and as if he wasn't the one that was in the ground crying.

"Huh", I stare at him confused.

"Well do you like your knight in shining armor?", he said getting up close to me, invading my personal bubble might I add.

"Excuse me, you were the one crying!" I say pointing at him.

"Sweetie don't get the roles crossed, we both know how scared you were," he says putting his arm across my neck.

"I was not scared! You are the ones getting the roles switched! I was perfectly calm and acting like A TRUE HOKAGE WOULD!"

"Are you saying you want to be hokage?! I SAID IT FIRST!!!! Not fair!!!!"

"Stop acting like a baby", I say pouting frustrated.

He then sticks out his tongue at me, which made me even more mad. But also caused me to stick out my tongue at him too.

"Who even are you anyway?"

"My name is Naruto Uzumaki, and I'm going to become Hokage, BELIEVE IT!"

"Hokage? That lame old thing, wouldn't you rather be the most famous shinobi in the world? I know I would."

"Hey! Hokage is important to me, and I will become Hokage!" He said as confident and determined as ever before.

"Hokage. . . Alright, let's make a bet on it. You become Hokage and I become the worlds most famous shinobi. Whoever achieves their goal first wins, the loser needs to drink toilet water everyday for a month".

He laughs at my bet, "alright, let's see who wins first! From this day on little girl WE SHALL BE KNOWN TO MAKE THE MOST FAMOUS BET MADE IN HISTORY!"

"Yes sir", I say saluting him. "Also my name is Y/N not little girl", I say with an attitude.

"Whatever, point is from this day on we shall be friends forever until someone wins this bet".

"Okay . . . Friends forever".