What Did You See In Me?

"Huh? Your joking right?" Y/N asked him. Kakashi stood up and said, "I'm not joking, you want to get adopted don't you? Well I'm the one who's going to adopt you. Now let's go fill out the paper work so we can go fix up those bandages of yours."

He started walking away from her and back to the building. She got up in pain and lingered behind him.

"Are you even old enough to adopt a kid?! You look pretty young." He chuckled at her comment, he started to walk faster while she was struggling to catch up.

"I'm actually old enough to adopt, I'm twenty two, soon you'll be that age too."

"Ew I don't want to be old," she huffed. He laughed again, "You can't control time or age Y/N, the only thing you can control is whether you want to live your life to the fullest or live a life full of regrets."

She stood silent trying to understand what he said, 'I give up, I don't get it!'

"Mister. . . Uh what's you name again?"

He always knew she was bad at names though didn't wish he would be a name she already forgot. "It's Kakashi Hatake," he told her slowing down his walk, "but just call me Kakashi"

"Okay. . . So what made you want to adopt me? You just met me, so what did you see in me?"

He hesitated to respond due to the fact he didn't want to hurt her feelings by telling her that he was actually forced to do this by the Third Hokage, so he lied, in a way. "Well you were the only one who caught my attention, you truly stood out to me." He then rubbed her head again and went inside the building and knocked on Miss Daí's door.

Y/N stepped back still affected by what went on in that room little before. Kakashi noticed her hesitation to enter, which meant that Miss Daí most likely had been apart of her injuries.

"You don't need to go in if you don't want to, either way it'll consist more of us adults talking," he said patting her head and then walking in the office.

She remained outside waiting for what was to happen with Kakashi. He knocked and entered the office.

"Oh! That was quite quick, only twenty minutes have passed. I assume you must be very sure of what your doing?" Miss Daí questioned Kakashi.

"I am sure of what I'm doing, if I wasn't I wouldn't even show up here," he responded leaning towards her in his chair.

Even though Miss Daí was much older than Kakashi, she couldn't help but admire his features, especially some that stood out more than others.

"I've heard of you Mr. Hatake, the one and only Copy Ninja of the Hidden Leaf. You have quite a reputation." He sighed, "I guess I do, but I'm not the one that matters right now, what truly does matter is to become a father figure to this young girl I will be adopting."

"I didn't know you were so serious about this Mr. Hatake, you are young, and to add to that, you are handsome. So why would you want to become a "father figure" when your in your prime?"

Kakashi also was questioning what he was doing, but like Lord Third had said to him, "I see the way you care for her Kakashi, like you she's an orphan, no family, no friends, no one that means anything to her. She's suffering even though she's  young, take her out of her misery. You'll remain in the Anbu for now, but know that from now on Y/N will come first. . . I truly believe that this experience will help you come out of that darkness that lingers within you."

"Hello Mr. Hatake, if you have to think about this question so deeply I don't think your ready to adopt a child." Miss Daí said irritated. Kakashi being brought back to reality told her, "This is something I've been wanting to do for a while now, I was just hesitant. . ."

Still suspicious of him she asked, "So who exactly do you want to adopt?"

"Y/N"

She choked on her words. "Excuse me? Are you sure you have thought this decision carefully Mr. Hatake. That. . . That. . . Dev. . . That girl as your adoptive child?!"

She breathed heavily through her words trying to contain her anger. Kakashi noticed this, he noticed how the mention of Y/N made her veins pop and her attitude become more agressive.

"Is there a problem?"

"No there's no problem, I just would like to know why you want her" she said breathing heavy breaths. "It's part of our requirement this year, we have to ask these types of questions all the time," she lied.

Kakashi caught her red handed again, he was getting irritated. He had better places to be, and more important people to be with. "I'd like to get this done quickly, Miss Daí. I have other people waiting for me."

"Mr. Hatake with that attitude I can't guarantee you can have a child in your care," she smiled innocently. Kakashi, having enough of her lies and personality, looked her dead in the eye and said, "I'm not blind Miss Daí, according to the Hokage and the rules placed on this orphanage, no kids are supposed to be harmed under the arms of their caretakers. I saw Y/N and those injuries-"

"Well those are from her ninja act-" he shushed her and grabbed her shoulders from where he was now standing.

"No ninja gets those injuries at the academy. It was you. I should report you right now, but I'm not." He then walked over to where she was sitting and bent down to her eye level.

"Don't you want to know why Miss Daí?" Kakashi then started to lean closer to her face till the moment Miss Daí could feel his breathing on her.

"Why?" She asked staring at him. He chuckled under his breath, putting. strand of hair behind her ear he whispered, "because. . . I care more about Y/N then anything else at the moment. You're not worth my time, your not worth anything to me. But I'm kind enough for you to keep your job, as long as you give me those adoption papers."

Not being able to process words, she was scared to even open up her mouth because at any moment kakashi can cause serious damage to her and her reputation. So without any words she handed him the paperwork.

"Thank you for cooperating!" He smiled through his mask. He then quickly signed the papers without even reading it and handed it to her so she could sign. Once she finished signing she said, "Congratulations Mr. Hatake you are now Y/N's adoptive father!" She said still scared for her life.

Once Kakashi said thank you, he took his leave to go find his daughter.

She waited outside of the room, looking as pale as ever due to the amount of blood loss she had. Kakashi walked up to her and said, "Are you ready to go to your new home?"

She was in shock, but to tired to respond anything so she nodded.

Soon they both got up and took their leave from the orphanage, and headed towards the home they will now share together.