Kakashi Hatake

Third POV

Everyone heard Y/N scream wherever they went. Even though Mista didn't like her, she pitied her. Of course she hated her, especially when she found out about her and Sauske hanging out with each other. But she never would wish death upon her, she would never wish her such pain. Mista had only been punished like Y/N once in her entire life, and she wished no one felt that pain, but she knew Y/N had felt that pain many more times than her.

Every girl passing and getting ready would cover their ears to not hear the screams. Even the other workers were worried about what was going on.

The parents waiting outside were oblivious of everything happening inside. They didn't hear screams, they only heard the sounds of joy when they realized they would get a chance to welcome a new family member.

Miss Daí eventually opened the doors and welcomed each person who came inside. The people rushed in and headed to the playground area where all the girls where.

Y/N went to her secret area in the playground where no one could find her. It was the place that gave her peace in the midst of all the chaos she felt at the orphanage. She walked until she found the hidden pond surrounded by trees and sat there with the ducks with her bandages falling and blood leaking through her dress.

She cried. The words Miss Daí said about her parents plagued her mind, she knew she was a burden she just didn't want to admit it. She wanted to just end it all, she had thought that maybe if she didn't exist, everyone who had met her wouldn't have suffered, and maybe not even herself.

Although she was apart from everyone else, someone came particularly for her. He searched for her, but had followed her around enough times to know each of her hiding spots.

He walked to the hidden pond and saw her staring at herself in the pond, he noticed how her eyes were swollen and the back of her dress was submerged in blood. He already knew that she had taken beatings here at the orphanage for punishment, but he didn't think that it would get to this point.

Looking at her, he is reminded of the day he first met her. Y/N was just a baby when they met, the moment he saw her abandoned at the entrance of the hidden leaf village, he took her in for about a month and tried to notice every detail about her until perfection. But he knew he couldn't take care of her while being apart of the Anbu Black Ops,  his life would be on the move constantly and he would barley be at home.

But even though he left her at the orphanage, he never stopped seeing her, even if it meant he had to physically stalk her. He wanted to see her grow, he wanted to see her stand up for herself even though everyone hated her. But now, he was here to actually adopt her, not just keep her at eyes distance.

"What are you doing here all alone?" He asked Y/N. She didn't respond, she just kept staring at the pond.

He sits down beside her and looks at the reflection of them both in the pond. "Shouldn't you be out in the open so a family could adopt you?"

She didn't respond. The man was running out of things to say, but he knew how petty Y/N can be sometimes so he brought some rice balls with him.

He started to eat in front of her, "Mmm, these really are hitting the spot! Ohhhhh, I think I even might buy some more later."

Y/N finally stares back at him, specifically the rice ball. She hasn't eaten since breakfast and it was sundown now, her stomach started to growl again.

"Do you want one?" He asks her. "Ye....N...No" she says then turns the other direction.

This is the second time today Y/N had refused rice balls, and they were free too. But she didn't want to surrender herself to a stranger, another stranger who might treat her like Miss Daí.

"Okay suit yourself!" And just as he was removing his mask to eat, Y/N went haywire and snatched the rice ball out of his hand and quickly shoved it in her mouth and chewed as fast as she could.

'That was so good!' She said to herself.

"Do you . . . do you. . . Have. . . More?" Y/N asked shyly while wrapping herself up with her knees and arms. "I do, here you go" he says handing her the whole box of onigiri.

She beamed with excitement and snatched the box from him and ate as much as she could.

"You seem to like onigiri?" She didn't pay him any attention and just kept eating.

He didn't want to ask about what happened to her because he genuinely wanted to talk to her and he knows that she doesn't like talking about her personal life.

She soon finished the box of food and said thank you to the stranger. "No problem, mind telling me why your all the way out here?"

She stared at herself in the pond again, contemplating whether to talk or not, but when she looked back at him she saw genuine concern, a look she hasn't seen on any adult.

"None of the girls here like me, neither does the staff. No one likes to play with me, so I don't see the point in being in a place where I'm not wanted."

"You know you're quite wise for someone your age," she laughed at his comment. "I've been through a lot, and everything just replays in my head. But there's no point in crying anymore, no one seems to care anyway."

"Well now you have someone around you who does care." The stranger say to Y/N, she looks up at him confused, "I don't even know your name, and you don't even know mine."

He got up and put his sweater on Y/N to cover her blood stains, she still remained confused. He soon bent down to reach her eye level, "My names Kakashi Hatake, and I'm going to be adopting you Y/N."