Chapter III

Standing outside another tunnel she found, she stood on a cliff, sitting on some rocks as she watched the sun set into the distance, the view giving her a sense of peace. This was where she wanted to rest for now. This tunnel wasn't as close to a road as the other, along with that, she had a view of the town if she was to see where there were some emergencies she can go to assist, if there was another fire, or she could see the Rescue Bots, hearing them from here due to the chance of an echo from the landscape layout, she stood there feeling ready to take on this journey, though she didn't know what she was going to do when she saw Optimus.

Deciding to continue with the ninja idea, she started scraping some large stones, to make them into her own homemade ninja stars, partly in dedication to Prowl, as he helped be an example to her, along with the very few times he taught her himself.

Hearing the sound of someone approaching, she turned and saw a light coming through the tunnel, alerting her someone was traveling inside it, coming her way. Quickly jumping up into a nearby tree, she watched as Cody was leading the four Rescue Bots through the tunnel.

"There's tunnels like this one all over the island, and they all end in the bunker. Great for sneaking out of the firehouse." Cody spoke, looking at the police officer bot, just as the green, bulldozer bot approached the cliff.

"Whoa. It's like a million optics set in carbon. So beautiful."

"I guess it kind of is." Cody replied. "So, why would you ever wanna leave?"

"You wanna know true beauty?" Julie asked, jumping out of the tree, landing on the ground in front of the five of them. Getting a gasp from the four bots, "The amazing sun setting earlier on the horizon. Now that is truly a form of Mother Earth's beauty."

"Great, another human knows about us." The firefighter bot cried, looking down at her.

"She's the same human that gave us a sign of respect, earlier today." The officer bot pointed out.

"You're the ninja that saved my dad and Graham." Cody commented, as he looked at her.

"Yes, and you guys found my hideout."

"You mean, you choose to live out here?" The orange helicopter bot asked, "Why? Wouldn't you get cold? Sick? Aren't you scared of monsters and the dark?"

"The only true monsters of the world are humans and demonic gods. Demons I have faced over the past couple of years, having to fight in order to defend the innocent. As for the cold, I am not truly worried, the dark doesn't bother me either. Not when you are able to see in it. I don't get diseases, but I have received fatal injuries more than once." Julie replied. "As for your cover, your secret is safe with me. I saw greeny here move on the stage earlier today, along with saw red about to rescue the Chief and Graham, before I did."

"I'm Cody." Cody introduced himself as he walked toward her and held his hand out.

"I already know, your friend earlier was calling out your name at the stage, just as you already know my name is Clara." Julie commented, looking at him.

"Wow, you really are a ninja. You can see in the dark, you can hear a bunch of things really well, and you said you were able to smell the fire before everyone else could. Not to mention you're fast and can do those cool moves. Anything else you can do?" Cody asked, looking at her.

"Ninjas are the magicians of stealth, kid. Meanwhile you should already know that..."

"Yeah, yeah. Magicians never reveal their secrets." Cody sighed, disappointed with the answer she gave him, but she could see he was not fully disappointed.

"So, what are your names? Seeing as you already know mine." She asked, looking at the Rescue Bots.

"I thought you were a ninja, able to hear everything." The red bot exasperated, as he crossed his servos over his chassis, looking down at her. If she had her wings, she would have easily flown up to his optic level to stare right back at him.