Chapter XVI

"We are honored to be invited to crew your vessel Chief." Chase commented as the bots all walked behind Chief Burns, Cody, and herself. Julie was itching to go into the water as she saw it out in front of her.

"Oh, just wait until you set eyes on her." Chief Burns replied, as they came upon a large boat that was white with a red rim and a yellow deck. "The Darby Ava, the most magnificent ship in the harbor.

Boulder ran on the dock and jumped onto the boat, causing it to shake about, before slowly settling back down on the water. "Whoa, it moved."

"Careful Boulder, you'll want to get your sea legs first." Chief Burns exclaimed.

Chase climbed into the boat next to Boulder, and looked at the Chief. "Will those legs be additional or replacement extremities?"

"No no no, sea legs just means..."

"To maintain your balance. If you are too rough on a boat, you can cause anyone on the boat and the boat itself to tip over." Julie finished, "I may have snuck onto a few pirate ships in the past, back when I was alone and used to find random ways to hide. Sometimes as a rat in the large barrels of gunpowder they would carry about."

"Blades, what are you waiting for?" Chief cried as he turned and looked at the two waiting bots.

"Argh, I do request permission to come aboard, me hearty." Blades replied, closing one of his eyes and holding an arm up in salute, just as a seagull landed on his shoulder. Getting his brief attention, before he focused back on the Chief. Chief Burns looked down at Cody in question to the action as Julie sat there biting her lip to avoid laughing.

"He's been watching a lot of old pirate movies lately." Cody explained.

"Not all pirates act like that, Blades." Julie commented, smirking.

"Permission granted, I could use a first mate." Chief Burns replied as he tossed his weird hat at Blades who immediately put it on top of his helm.

"First mate? Shiver me timbers." Blades cried as he climbed onto the boat with the other two. Sitting on the bow of the boat as he held his hand up to look out to sea.

"Shiver your own timbers." Heatwave groaned as he climbed onto the boat himself, standing near where both Chase and Boulder were. Julie smiled, as she looked up at Heatwave.

"Hey Heatwave, can I sit on your shoulder?" Julie asked, smiling up at the grumpy bot.

"I'm not helping you." Heatwave replied, looking down at her.

"No worries." Julie replied as she easily jumped on top of the cabin of the boat, before jumping up onto his shoulder.

"Don't make yourself too comfortable." Heatwave groaned, while avoiding looking at her.

"Thank you, Heatwave." Julie replied as she sat there, one foot on his shoulder, with her arms wrapped around the knee, while her other leg hung off him.

"You're telling us that you used to sit on Optimus Prime's shoulders?" Chase asked. "That's illogical." Reminding Julie once again how much she was missing Optimus, Ratchet, Bumblebee, and the others. Smiling sadly, she looked down, away from them.

Almost immediately after looking at her, Heatwave hit Chase up the back of his head.

"What did I do? There is no logical reason for you to hit me like that." Chase complained, looking at Heatwave.

Changing the subject both of the Burns hopped into the boat. "Ah, smell that sea air. Hanging on everybody, we're shoving off." Chief Burns cried as he started the boat, driving out into the water. Getting Julie's attention as she looked up and out at the waters. Smiling as the wind blew on her face. Julie jumped off of Heatwave and landed on the roof of the cabin, startling Chief Burns briefly, as he looked up through the window at her. "Clara, are you...okay?" Chief Burns cried, as he found her sitting on the roof, her hands propped on it as she smiled brightly, gazing out at the waters. Her hair blew in the air as she closed her eyes and relished going out into the sea.