Chapter XXXVIII

It was officially the end of the first 7 days, nobody had seen any sign of Julie. When the others heard about what High Tide did to her, Chief Burn and the rest of his family were quite worried. Meanwhile, they were still having to train under High Tide's command.

"Griffin Rock emergency, what? Right away." Chief Burns spoke as he picked up a phone. The monitor in front of him showed a large oil fire out at sea. "Cody, call High Tide, tell him we need him and the bots, now! Until we know where Julie is, they are the best we got."

~ ~ ~

Blades flew above the tall drill tower in the water, as oil and fire surrounded it and Doc's floating lab. "I see them."

"Just barely, they're surrounded by burning oil." Dani replied.

"And that rig looks ready to fall over."

"Do your job, mosquito." High Tide ordered.

"Yes sir."

"No Blades, we can't reach them. The fire's too high. We'll have to find another way."

"You, red, out of my cabin." High Tide ordered.

"But..." Kade tried to argue.

"Too dangerous, now scoot." High Tide replied as he grabbed Kade and set him down on the doc.

"What...what are we..." Kade started to ask as High Tide disappeared into the cabin of his ship, leaving them alone.

"We need Julie." Boulder commented as High Tide left.

"She's gone, probably left our world already." Chase replied.

"But she still has two weeks till the next moon." Graham remarked.

"We need to do this, without her help. We can't always rely on Julie." Chief Burns spoke.

Just as High Tide came back up, coughing.

"High Tide, any luck?" Chase asked.

"I tried to plug the leak, it couldn't be done."

"We await your order sir, what now?" Chase asked.

"Ah, your cockamamie planet and its flaming oceans." High Tide grumbled, just as they turned to find Heatwave landing on top of the deck.

"Finally, somebody who does know fire." Kade exclaimed.

"Vacations over hot shot, time to get to work." Heatwave ordered as his window opened, revealing Cody sitting in his cabin.

"Hey, I was waiting for you. End of the line Code, too dangerous." Kade replied, as Cody hopped out, allowing him to climb in. Once seated, the window closed with Heatwave standing up and facing High Tide.

"I need some of that goo you used to soak up the oil, oh and uh, permission to come aboard sir."

"Granted. Chase, you and servo load up his tanks with the dispersant." High Tide ordered.

Servo ran over to several canisters where he transformed into a small cart, as Chase grabbed the containers of dispersant and set them on Servo, pushing it all over toward Heatwave.

"We need to put that new cap on the leak, but we have to get to it first." Boulder spoke as Chase helped load Heatwave up with the dispersant.

"I'm going in for Doc and Frankie, follow me on..." Heatwave started to reply, before they looked up to see a small figure covered in oil jumping out of the water.

"Julie!" Chief Burns yelled.

"The oil might make her sick." Cody commented.

Julie turned and faced the fire, with a wave of her hand, the fire was slowly dissipating, as it was slowly put out. "Heatwave, grab Doc and Frankie." Julie spoke as she turned and looked down at him.