Chapter VII

On the side of Mount, Boulder and Graham sat struggling to pull a large truck with a toxic payload on the back of it. As the truck was over halfway off the cliff, with only a rope stopping the whole thing from falling over, with the driver sitting inside.

"A struggling rescue vehicle, a life hanging in the balance," Huxley Prescott spoke as he looked at the event at play.

"Don't worry Edgar, everythings gonna be fine." Graham cried out the window of the bulldozer. The sounds of sirens filled the air, just as Chase and Heatwave pulled up, followed by Blades landing close afterwards.

"Heatwave..." Kade cried as he looked up at the now transformed bot.

"Ladder, got it. I mean, as you command." Heatwave spoke, as he grabbed the ladder on his back, holding it out with Kade on the end, as Kade reached to grab the driver out of the truck.

Chase and Blades held onto Boulder's scoop, as they struggled to pull him and the truck from the cliff.

"I trust your emergency brake is properly engaged, Boulder." Chase whispered.

"Yeah, not doing much good though." Boulder replied.

"Hope on Edger, easy does it." Kade cried as he reached out for the man, while holding onto the ladder. Just grabbing the man's arms, before pulling him on, followed by them both being set back down on the ground, Dani grabbing Edgar and walking away with him to check for injuries.

"Uh, have a seat, just want to make sure you're okay." Dani spoke, as she escorted Edgar away from the scene.

"And the Burns family pulls off, yet another stunning rescue. Now for securing that highly toxic payload." Huxley exclaimed as he held his microphone. Looking at his camera, before looking back at the scene.

As the barrel rolled down the side of the cliff, they couldn't believe their eyes as a large bear showed up, running along the road down below, as it stood on its hind paws, claws ready as the barrel bounced, before landing in the bear's front claws, landing on the ground in front of it. Landing on the bear's front paws, the bear roared up at the cliff where it saw the others looking down at it. Sitting behind the barrel, Julie shifted back into herself while she was unseen by the camera and the others, thanks to the large size of the barrel. Though that didn't prevent her from getting sharp cuts on her legs and feet from getting cut on the rough rock she ran along in her bear form. She would have gone larger, but that would mean something that she was sure she didn't want getting caught on camera.

"Hey Chief, why don't you send one of your bots down to get this payload." Julie yelled, as she saw the shock come to their eyes as they saw her "I'm headed back home." She cried, as she turned and started to walk away from the barrel, leaving the scene as she walked down the road, unaware she left a few traces of energon on the road as she left.

Walking along the road, she headed right back to the same cliff she had been living on for the past few weeks. The cliff gave her the perfect view if something was going on around town, but for now she just wanted to rest and maybe take a nap. Knowing the Burns usually had it covered in town during the day, she had lately been taking her own shift for at night if there were any irregular dangers.

Surprisingly, it actually felt a little good to use her transforming powers. When she heard some chaos going on a little ways away from her cliff, she was able to spot Boulder in trouble while trying to pull a cargo truck back onto the road where it would be safe. So she had shifted into her bear form to run down there quickly in order to help.

Waking up, she walked down to her cliff, seeing out in the distance Blades was flying around, sending her into alarm over the fact that they were out. Taking off running, she ran down the old familiar road, heading back to town. As she ran, she couldn't help noticing how the street lights were shutting off on their own, everywhere she looked. As she ran, she looked up ahead, seeing the town mayor had pulled Chase and the Chief over for something.