Chapter XXXII

Julie flew across the night sky. She was 3,170 years old as she flew across the sky, as she looked back behind her, seeing an island starting to grow farther and farther away from her. For some reason she wanted to go back, but at the same time she wanted to leave, so she did, flying toward larger land where she hoped to find freedom, but none existed. As she flew across the sky, she had traveled for days, flying night and day with Midnight coiled around her neck. Following the urge to leave everything behind.

~ ~ ~

"I...I remember." Julie mumbled as she pushed herself out of the man's grip. "I wanted to leave, but you wanted to hide. You were scared of death and facing humanity, whereas I wanted to continue my duty as a...as a..."

"Primerlinean." Roarke answered. "Which I tried to argue you out of, warning you that you wound run into humans, probably get captured, killed and tortured. Where...where's Midnight?"

"He...he's...he's gone." Julie answered, not bothering to look at the others as she said it.

"Humans killed him?" Roarke asked.

"No, it...it wasn't humans. He died in an explosion." Julie explained. "I am afraid I don't remember everything, but I remember I wanted to fulfill a duty that was supposed to be passed down through our kind. We were assigned to protect life and the Earth, while you stayed here and hid for the past several years."

"Julie...what's going on?" Chief Burns asked, getting her attention along with Roarke's as they turned and saw the humans and bots.

"I thought your kind died." Blades commented.

"I thought they did too. I'm as confused as you guys. Why did my memories disappear and why is it now they are coming back to me? Yet so slowly."

"Humans probably captured you and poisoned you. Why are you with humans when they killed our kind?" Roarke asked as he pointed his staff threateningly at the humans that somehow ended up reunited below her along with the bots.

"No...they didn't hurt me....they're my family." Julie exclaimed.

"Family? You call the species that destroyed our people family?" Roarke yelled. "How lost are you?! What has happened to you since you left? You hated humans, and yet you still chose to leave. We are the last of our kind and yet you told these humans your name. You never share your name with people, never! Let me kill them and then cleanse you of this disease."

"NO! They are my family, you wouldn't understand anything I have gone through." Julie roared as she got between him and the others.

"Wouldn't understand? Your parents were murdered Ethera. You were a princess Val, destined to be a Queen, but what is there left for you, but a dying world. A world murdering the very source that keeps them alive. Our world is imbalanced, so many of our creatures are dying. Our history is lost."

"I was royalty?" Julie asked, looking at him. "I don't remember. Most of my memories are gone. I remember my parents death, I remember running for years, but after that it is all blank. I don't even remember how you and I met."

"How we met? You don't remember?" The man exclaimed, grabbing hold of her arms and looking her in the eyes. "You saved my life! I was captured and covered in chains. Gaining the very scar on my face from a human's blade. Yet somehow you were there, a beautiful angel, managing to kill those humans and save my life."

"Kill? I killed humans? None of this sounds like me." Julie mumbled, looking down at the water.

The grip the man had grew, and started to get painful. Julie looked at his hands to see his fingers growing into sharp claws. As it pierced her skin and her arms started to bleed energon. Julie looked up and saw his face change, or moreover his eyes. They were glowing a sickly purple as he looked at her.