Chapter XI

Julie couldn't remember the last time she ate, but apparently as she sat at the table with all of them, they really didn't like Dani to be the cook. She watched as Charlie, or Chief Burns was cooking, as the meal was almost ready, so everyone sat at the table talking.

"When was the last time you ate something, Clara?" Cody asked, startling her as she turned to look at him.

"Yeah, did you ever have any favorite meals or snacks?" Dani asked in curiosity.

"Not that you're gonna be making them, Dani. I'm sure Clara doesn't need to try your cooking." Graham commented. "No offense."

"Hey, I like to cook." Dani cried in defense.

"I honestly don't remember what it was like to eat when I was younger. I usually have always gone off of nothing, but water for the past several years, and now recently liquid energon. I am not afraid of eating meat, like some people in the world, but I think I really had a liking for fruits if I can recall. There was one fruit where it was small, easily could fit a few in your hand, but you didn't want to eat the centers. There were dark ones and there were lighter ones, but I personally liked the dark red, almost black colored ones. They were sweet like candy, though sure made your hands messy."

"I think you're talking about cherries." Chief Burns spoke up. "Based on your preference, it must be black cherries. We usually get those here in the springtime from the mainland. I personally love apples, especially in the fall. Golden Delicious was always my favorite. Along with the Honeycrisps and Galas."

"I like the pears during this season. They are usually really sweet and juicy." Cody commented. "We should get some fruits from the market, let you try some of them."

"For now, we got freshly made spaghetti." Chief Burns spoke as he set a large bowl down on the center of the table. Dani and Graham stood up, grabbing several smaller bowls and what they called utensils. Something I didn't really know about, as they set the devices down in front of everyone.

"They're called forks." Cody spoke up, startling her as he clearly noticed her confusion. Watching as everyone dished themselves what they called 'Spaghetti,' she was in quite a bit of confusion. Cody sat to her left, while Chief Burns sat on my right around the rectangular table. Dani sat in front of her, with Graham next to her, and right between Graham and Cody was grumpy old Kade.

She felt so awkward as she grabbed the device they were all using to grab the spaghetti and put it onto their plates. Putting a small amount on my own, not so sure how my body would handle eating for the first time in a few centuries. Grabbing the 'fork' as Cody called it, she watched how people were using it, and slowly plunged the device into the spaghetti. Twisting it through the stringy little things, she lifted it up to my mouth and tasted the weird meal.

As she tasted it, flavor flooded my senses, in awe and surprise as she slowly chewed the spaghetti and swallowed it. Not realizing she had closed my eyes while savoring the flavors in my mouth. Opening her eyes, she was quite embarrassed as she saw everyone at the table watching her.

"What? I don't look that weird do I? Do I have red stuff on my face like Kade does?" she asked, feeling very weird from their glances.

"Do you like the spaghetti?" Cody asked.

"You sure look like you did." Dani giggled, "I've never seen someone so happy about food."

"Hey! I like food." Kade cried out, as his face was covered in the red stuff from the spaghetti.

"Not everyone needs to look like you do when it comes to food." Dani exclaimed.

"I like the taste of it. It's something very 'different' for me to experience, that's for sure." she replied.