Chapter XXX

Julie stood, trying her best to help Chief Burns who was setting up dinner, not that she planned to eat, but there was no choice if she was gonna blend in around Woodrow as a regular human.

"All my research has convinced me, pictographs, pyramids, and stonehenge, they're alien artifacts. Every one of them, but uh, you kids probably don't believe in aliens do you?" Woodrow spoke, sitting at the table.

"Anything can happen." Cody spoke at the same time as Graham. "I'm willing to consider the evidence."

"I wouldn't say..." Dani argued.

"No way." Kade exclaimed.

"Sit down and eat Charlie." Woodrow spoke as Chief Burns set a bowl of something on the table near him.

"Dinner does not serve itself. Somebody has to cook and clean up. Thankfully someone is giving me a hand."

"Uh, that's good old Charlie, uh, nose to the grindstone." Woodrow exclaimed awkwardly. "Say, pass the potatoes will you? Then I'll show you what my DES found, and maybe I will have some dessert." The man spoke, startling her as she turned to see him studying her.

"That's it." Julie yelled as she jumped on the man, her nails extended into small claws as she shoved the man onto the floor.

"JULIE!" Graham and Dani yelled, as Chief Burns ran to push her off his brother.

"No stinking, bloody human is gonna hit on me and study me you disgusting, pulverizing human." Julie yelled as she went to scratch his face, but Kade managed to pull her off Woodrow while Chief Burns got between her and his brother.

"Enough, Julie, why don't you go downstairs to cool down?" Chief Burns exclaimed as he looked at her.

"Gladly." Julie hissed in reply, shrugging Kade off her.

"I thought her name was Clara." Woodrow spoke, looking at her. "She is quite a jewel though to the eyes."

"Woody, ENOUGH!" Chief Burns yelled as Julie walked out of there.

~ ~ ~

I don't get it. Why is Chief's brother so eager to find an alien?" Heatwave spoke as Julie slid down the pole to where they were.

"I know, with all the amazing things humans have on their own planet. Why bother searching for us?" Boulder commented.

"Because we're awesome, but who sends scorpions as gifts? No thank you." Blades exclaimed, turning away from the others with his arms crossed over his chassis. Julie smirked as she shifted into a large scorpion human sized and crept towards them, Heatwave already seeing her as she shifted.

"Who knows, maybe he brought some scorpions along with him." Heatwave exclaimed as he laid his hand on Blades shoulder, taping each digit in a weird way to creep poor Blades out.

"AAH!" Blades cried out, jumping away from Heatwave. "Very funny."

Julie smiled in her head as she jumped onto Blade's chassis and clapped her pincers in his face, while her tail twitched over her from behind.

"AAAH!" Blades screamed, shoving her off him as Heatwave laughed at Blades jumping away from her. Julie saw the other two looking at her as she shifted back into herself, smirking.

"Sorry Blades. I needed a little cheering up. Woodrow is getting on my nerves upstairs." Julie mumbled as she looked at them.

"That was mean." Blades muttered, standing behind Boulder as he looked at her.

"All I know is Woodrow Burns forced me to drive over the speed limit. And I was helpless to stop him." Chase commented, as he looked away ashamed.

"Now most people look for aliens in outer space, but my research makes me realize we should be looking in inner space, underneath the Earth." Woodrow spoke as Julie spun around to see him touching the DES in the room.