Chapter XIX

Julie walked with Chief Burns as they explored the town. Planning to meet the others back at the park.

"Julie, what happened back there? What is that symbol you looked at?" Chief Burns asked.

"Do you know who is trying to break into the mainframe?" Graham asked, as Graham, Dani and Kade walked with them.

"I am very afraid when I tell you this, that very symbol I saw still has haunted my memories for centuries. It is the mark of a human who has been alive for over a hundred years, someone who is the descendent of people who hunted and killed my ancestors. If he finds out, let alone knows that I am here on this island, I am afraid of the chance he is here to kill and study me." Julie mumbled, trembling as she spoke. Just as they saw the bots and Cody in front of them.

"Wait, you mean there is a human, who is over a hundred years old, and he has been hunting you?" Kade asked.

"Who is hunting what now?" Cody asked, approaching them.

"Oh, here you are. We've been walking around in circles since we left City Hall." Chief Burns cried as he looked up to see the bots and Cody. Just before they heard the sound of honking.

"Sounds like a traffic jam, the hologram stop light must be out again." Graham explained. Just before they saw a flying set of lights pass them by.

"Extremely out." Chase commented. Just before they were all being sprayed by water.

"What's happening?" Dani cried. The water stopped hitting them, before they saw a boy running from a machine that was shooting rolls of paper at him. Cody's phone started to go off, as they all turned and looked at him.

"Griffin Rock Emergency...Frankie, slow down...The mainframe's been hacked? Uh, yeah. You could say things are a little out of whack." Cody spoke, as he took a few steps away from them. Just before a red lawnmower started to charge at him, blades spinning violently in the process.

"Cody!" Julie cried as both Chase and Boulder rushed to stop the mower from hurting the boy. Chase stomped on the back of the mower, tipping it upwards as Boulder punched the underside of it, immediately powering the machine off.

"Thanks guys." Cody spoke, as he looked at the two bots.

"This is all because of the town's central computer being hacked?" Dani asked.

"Every piece of tech controlled by the mainframe has gone berserk." Chief Burns replied.

"There's already a ton of emergency calls." Cody commented, picking up his phone.

"Where do we start?" Graham asked, just before an alarm started going off somewhere nearby.

"That's the city hall fire alarm." Chief Burns cried.

"Good enough for me." Kade commented. "Heatwave?" Said bot immediately transformed into his alt mode.

"Kade, can I come with you, please?" Julie begged.

"Very well." Kade sighed, as the passenger door of Heatwave's alt mode opened up for her, inviting her as she immediately hopped in. Julie merely sat in his cabin, trembling against the seat, even the seatbelt secured around her wasn't helping as Heatwave subtly tried to reassure her.

"The doors are not opening!" The mayor cried on the other side of the metal covered door, as Julie silently sat in Heatwave's cabin, shaking in fear.

"The automatic lock is still jammed. Heatwave?" Kade asked.

Julie watched as Heatwave crouched down and pulled up the metal covering the doors, which the second it was up, the two doors opened, water pouring out of them as the mayor came out.