Act 1, Chapter 2: Cracking Open

As the weeks went by in Vale, the teams of Beacon Academy, teams of four, were starting to get their first missions as huntsmen in training.

Team CFVY:

Team Leader- Coco Adel-Wolf Faunus (Tail).
Members:
Fox Alistair- Dog Faunus (Ears).
Velvet Scarlatina- Rabbit Faunus (Ears).
Yatsuhashi Daichi- Lizard Faunus (Tail).

Team CFVY has been assigned on a recon mission. Multiple warehouses deep in the forests have either been set ablaze or straight up exploded, leaving no trace of their existence.

Yatsu: "This can't be Grimm. They may be dangerous but they couldn't pull this off."

As they trudge through the forest near Beacon, Velvet shakes a bit both from the chilly weather and slight anxiety creeping through her.

Coco: "Hey. Vel. Get it together. Nothing we can't handle will be out here."

Velvet: "R-Right..."

They've checked out multiple sights already. Out of the 3 warehouses they have been sent to, only one was actually still intact.

Barely. There were burn marks everywhere and pieces of the building missing.

Fox: "Let's hope this one can give us something. Tired of walking."
.
.
.
.
.
They finally arrive at their next destination and all they can feel is confusion.

Coco: "Huh. It's still here..."

Yatsu: "Which means we can wait it out and see who's doing this."

As everyone steps inside, Coco keeps the main door open and leans against the doorway.

Coco: "Remember. Ozpin wants these people alive for questioning. And if it's that cloaked guy? Don't attack immediately. We don't know if he's friend or foe."

Everyone nods and begins to search the place to see if there's anything that could warrant the destruction of these warehouses.
.
.
.
.
.
Coco POV:

Coco: "Tch. Fucking rain."

This thunderstorm...I can't see shit! There's so much fog too! My teammates haven't found anything either.

Maybe this mystery group or cloaked man or whatever the hell is behind this isn't doing it for a real grand purpose. Maybe it's some sick twisted arsonist who's bored. I dunno.

One thing I know for certain is that it can't be humans. No way.

Coco: "Alright, I'm coming inside! We'll stay here till the rain stops!"

As I turn around and go to close the door, I spot a figure out in the fog getting closer. It's just one person...

Coco: "Hey! Everyone! Hide! Someone's coming! Let's see what they do when they're in here!"

I quickly close the door and run towards one of the corners, hiding behind a bunch of boxes alongside Velvet. Yatsuhashi takes Fox over to another corner with boxes and also hides.

...

The doors open and close nearly instantly...

step......step......step......

I slowly peak my head out just barely to see who's out there.

...Wait. It's the cloaked guy! From that robbery that happened weeks back! What the hell is he doing here? He must be the one who-

Ferryman: "Leave while you're still able, intruders. If you step out from those boxes and attack, you will lose your life in the process."

What?! How does he know?! Can he smell us or sense us?  Is he similar to Fox?