Act 1, Chapter 1: Locked Down

Act 1: Humanity's Last Chance?
Act 2: 24 Hours.

Book 1: Twin Roses.
Book 2: Frozen Tomb.
Book 3: Faunus Kingdoms. (Currently here)

______________________________________
ACT 1: Humanity's Last Chance?
______________________________________

The Faunus had won the war.

Actually, to say they won would be an understatement.

While the Faunus like to say that they won due to their objective strength over the weaklings called "Humanity", it was a good amount of luck that got them their complete victory.

The tides of Remnants people and society has completely shifted from its original fate...
.
.
.
.
.
In a bar in the outskirts of Vale called Deep Blue, a single man is sitting at the bar. He's tall, a bit skinny, wearing a grey blazer with black hair on his head joined by some black lion ears.

His name is...

???: "Good evening Qrow."

A Cat Faunus called Melina sits behind the counter, cleaning out some glasses that were used earlier in the day. Her dark blue tail sways gently and a bit slow behind her but still indicates that she's happy to see Qrow again. Mostly because she gets a bit worried when he leaves while absolutely hammered.

Qrow: "Evening."

Melina grabs a bottle from the shelf and puts it on the table for Qrow. He immediately grabs it and pours its contents into his flask.

Melina: "You seem quiet today Qrow. Usually you try to flirt with me. Is something the matter?"

Qrow: "No no. Todays been slow is all. Just need to take the edge off."

Melina nods and turns on the TV for Qrow before serving another customer coming in. Qrow groans and rubs his forehead out of exhaustion and slight frustration before looking towards the TV. The current channel was reporting about an attempted dust shop robbery.

Qrow: "Hmmm..."
.
.
.
Vale at night is nothing short of a bright neon mega city. So many people still walk the streets, either on their way home or are heading to their favorite bar, move theater, restaurant, you name it.

One specific girl is at a dust shop called "From Dust Till Dawn". Her name is Ruby Rose, a 15 year old weapon and cookie fanatic.

She wears her usual black and red "battle uniform" which might as well be a battle skirt. She has pale skin, silver eyes, black hair that turns red at the ends of it and tops it off with red and black wolf ears. She's reading through a weapons and dust catalogue in the corner of the shop wearing headphones over her secondary ears, a pair of normal looking human ears.

Thanks to the loud blaring music in the headphones, she's completely obvious to the multiple men stepping inside with weapons, being led by a man in a white suit, black pants and black shoes. The main things that stand out are the bowler hat, his swaying orange cat tail and cane which is also his weapon.

One of the men in the red and black suits walks up to Ruby and yells at her.

Robber: "Hey! Put your hands in the air!"

Ruby has her back turned and can not hear him, even with her wolf ears out and about. That is how loud the music is. The robber groans and pushes the end of his gun barrel at Ruby's back to get her attention. She removes her headphones and slowly turns.

Ruby: "Hm?"

Robber: "I said...put your hands! In the air! You got a death wish or somethin'?"

Ruby: "Are you...trying to rob me?"