Chapter Twenty-Nine

MOVING ON
POV: Apollo

"What's your secret?" Haven asks me. The tips of her fingers run across my cheekbones. She watches me through her long eyelashes.

"What do you mean?" I ask, looking up at her as I lay down and she rests on her elbow.

"How are you so gorgeous?" She asks and a laugh falls from my lips.

"You're the one whos gorgeous." I reach up and pull her face towards mine. I place a kiss on her soft forehead. "I'm the one who should be begging for your secret." She shakes her head sheepishly.

"I'm so proud of you," she says, catching me off guard. I raise an eyebrow at her. She laughs and giggles. "I mean it. I'm so proud of you."

"Why?" I praud. I push the piece of hair that dangle in the front of her face.

She shrugs. "Because you've overcome so much. You've done a complete 180. You're making your own money and finally living for yourself. I admire you so much."

My heart speeds up and a warm sensation runs up and down my body. "You're one to talk. You've been through so much. You're so strong." She blushes.

"Thank you," she avoids my gaze.

"Look at me, Haven." She switches her eyes towards me. I inch closer to her face and pull her towards me until our lips connect. Our lips work in harmony and she pulls a moan out of me. We pull away panting. "I love you."

Her eyes glow. "I love you too."

Haven and I have been moving forward in our relationship. She's like my other half and she's the closest person to me. I've learned a lot from her. She made me realize that no matter what I'm going through, I'll make it out stronger than how I went in. We plan to move out together and go to school. I'll follow her wherever.

"How are your parents doing?" She asks.

A smile makes its way to my lips. "They're good. They decided to sell the business and take a long vacation." Haven's eyes widened. "Don't worry, they'll find something else to invest their money into."

"I'm just surprised they decided to take a break. They're workaholics; they live and breathe work." Haven brushes her hands through my hair.

"That's exactly why they need it. They need to remind themselves why they started working in the first plade." She nods in agreement. "They want to take us on a cruise after we graduate."

Haven jumps up on her knees. "I would love to! I've never been on a boat before."

"It's not a boat, darling. It's a ship," a chuckle falls from my lips.

She shakes her head smiling. "Whatever it is. I want to go on it." She jumps around with excitement. We only have a month till we graduate. I feel like my life is finally starting.

My parents have been making an effort with me. They try to send me money, but each time I reject it. For now on, I'll make my own. My father respects that, but my mother still tries to send me some here and there. Although they left me here I'm glad they did. It gave me a chance to have a great relationship with my grandparents.

"I'm going to take so many pictures of the ocean," Haven says waving her camera around in the air. Haven has taken up photography. She says she sees the beauty of the world after having her eyes closed for so long. I joked and asked her why she hasn't seen it when she looks in the mirror everyday.

"Are you going to talk to your ballet teacher?" I ask her.

Her smile fades and she nods her head. "I already have. She was disappointed at first, but she understands." Haven decided to quit dancing. I support her. She claims it doesn't make her feel the way it used to.

I plaster on a fake pouty face. "So no more leg warmers?" I ask, poking my bottom lip out.

She shakes her head while laughing. "No, they get to stay." I shout hooray and she swats at me.

"Some things don't change, huh?" I ask and she chuckles at me.

"Nope, they never do."

It feels good to finally have a life of my own. I'm not scared to make friendships in the fear that I'll have to leave them. I don't second guess everything I say in fear that it'll make my parents look bad. I feel as though I've been reborn into a guy I really like. He's funny, smart, and loves his Haven.

I've changed so much in the past year. I feel stupid that I never wanted to move her. If I never moved her I would still be doing the same old thing. My lifestyle before seem so dumb. Haven said she was proud of me and now I can be proud of myself.

I can see my future and be happy with it. I've been so worried about making my parents happy and not making myself happy. Now that's all changed. I'm finally content with life. I can say with certainty that senior year will go down in history.