Chapter Eighteen

TOUR
POV: Haven

I shift in my sleep and snuggle further into the blanket. Then my eyes flutter open. I look around the room confused. The lamp next to me lightens the room and the windows show the darkness outside. I take a look at the alarm clock on the bedside table to see that it's almost midnight. I'm still in Apollo's blazer and my dress. The only thing missing is my heels. My stomach grumbles as I sit up in bed. I rub my eyes lazily. I take my makeup off and wrestle into the pajamas I brought.

I carefully open my door and tiptoe out of my room. I think of taking some of the snacks the hotel provides. When I see Apollo sitting on the couch I almost jump out of my skin. "Oh god, you scared me!" I shout, stumbling back. I place my hand on my racing heart.

Apollo chuckles and sets his phone aside. "Did I wake you?" He asks. I shake my head and gulp as I take in his state. His dress shirt is unbuttoned at the top, exposing a V of his chest. His tie is gone and his hair is messy from running his fingers through it. He licks his lips and my knees become wobbly. "Are you hungry?" He asks, standing to his feet.

I try to hold my breath in hopes to stop my stomach growling, but it escapes anyway. He smirks as I stand there like an idiot, holding my breath as my stomach makes dinosaur noises. "Yeah, I am," I finally admit. I hold my stomach as it continues to growl loudly.

"I just ordered some food from the front desk. Pasta and pizza," he says, running his fingers through his hair. I nod and place my hands behind my back so I can play with them out of his sight.

"Thank you. It sounds good," I say looking at my feet. "And thank you for taking me to bed. You could've woke me up," I ramble on.

"Don't worry about it. I didn't want to wake you up," he says walking past me and into the kitchen. He pulls out wine from the fridge and opens the bottle. He pulls out two wine glasses. "Do you want some?" He asks.

"Yes, please." Honestly I had mixed opinions on alcohol. I saw it completely ruin my aunt. She could barely function without it. Alcohol became her coping mechanism and lifeline. On the other hand I watched my parents drink responsibly on the weekends and they never depended on it. In some ways I despised alcohol and in others I didn't mind it.

"You know you don't have to if you don't want to," Apollo says while pouring a glass.

I shake my head. "No, it's fine," I shrug. I watch his mouth as he smirks. I want to kiss his lips and it bothers me that he hasn't kissed me in a while. I was craving him.

When he finishes pouring the second glass his fingers curl and usher me closer. I walk around the island and take the glass from his hand. I take a sip from the dark liquid and my tongue swirls in delight. I've never tried wine before. My eyes pop open for a second and Apollo chuckles at me. His fingers latch onto my chin and his free hand pulls the glass away from my lips. He bends down to reach my level. His dark brown eyes meet mine before he places his lips on mine. I hum in delight. I've been waiting for him to kiss me all night.

I grab a fistful of his hair and pull him incredibly close to me. A noise crawls out of my throat as he continues his assault on my lips. I kiss him with urgency. His fingers dig into my sides. A knock sounds from the door and I jump away from him. I scatter to get space between us. Flashbacks of being in Apollo's room, caught kissing him pops into my mind.

A raspy chuckle comes for Apollo. "It's just the food," he says, stepping past me and towards the door. The door creaks open and a man enters with a cart full of food. Apollo gives the man a tip and thanks him.

We begin eating our food and my mouth waters in delight. After we ate we piled on the couch to watch movies. I sat a foot away from him, but throughout the movie I moved closer and closer to him. Closer to the end of the movie I was pressed up against his side with his arm wrapped around my shoulder. My eyes grew tired and sleep rolled over me.

In the morning I wake up in my bed that I don't remember falling asleep in. The last thing I remember was watching a movie with Apollo. I feel guilty for making Apollo take me to bed twice this trip. He could've woke me up and made me walk to bed myself. Instead he carried me to my bed.

I get myself ready for the day. When I'm satisfied with the way I look I finally escape my room. I spot Apollo on the sofa with a cup in his hand. "Good morning," I said.

His head shoots up to me. "Good morning," he replies. "I got your coffee," he points to the counter.

"Thank you," I say, taking the hot cup into my hand. "Also, thank you for bringing me to bed." My face turns pink.

A smirk grows across his face. "No problem. I rescheduled our flight for seven P.M. so we can explore the city for the day." My eyes widened.

"Wow, really?" I ask almost jumping up and down. "Thank you, thank you," I repeat myself. My heart begins to race. This had been the best trip ever.

We have breakfast at a little restaurant on the corner. It was good and I felt like I was living in a movie. After breakfast and our second cup of coffee, we boarded a tour bus. Apollo said it was best to learn from the people who did it for a living. It was a blast. I took pictures of everything. We had a street hotdog and a slice of pizza that literally tasted like heaven. It was perfect and I couldn't ask for anything better.

Seeing the tall building made my stomach twist into knots. I imagine the people sitting in cubicles working hard in the air. I remember my mom talking about the Joffrey Ballet School. She wanted me to go and for a while that's all I wanted to do. After talking to Apollo while we were dancing I thought about what he said. Was I doing ballet because that's what she wanted me to do? Did it make me happy? My answer was undecided.

The flight back to Vermont was better than the way to New York. I wasn't as scared and the whole flight was filled with laughter. I felt like I knew Apollo. As if we were good friends for a few years. He wasn't what I expected him to be. He was arrogant yet humble. Smart and wise for his years. He's everything.