Chapter Fourteen

DATE NIGHT
POV: Haven

I dug in my closet and when I found nothing, Addison saved the day. She brought me a white long sleeve crop-top, mom jeans and a white purse to match. I hadn't gone clothes shopping in a while and I was starting to feel guilty from borrowing all of Addie's clothes. She kept reassuring me that it was no big deal.

"Thank you for helping me," I say to Addie as she curls my hair. I wanted to look good for this date, or whatever it is. "I realize I haven't been that good of a friend. I didn't speak to you after my parents died," I admit.

Addison smiles gently at me. "I never thought you were a bad friend. I understand how hard it was for you when your parents passed. I'm just happy you're talking to me now." She cracks a laugh. "And I would never pass up a chance to do your hair and makeup. You're like my own personal Barbie doll."

My cheeks hurt from the permanent smile plastered on. "I'm glad you get a kick out of it." When she's finished she does a quick TahDah and I gasp. "I look beautiful! Thank you, Addie." I did look beautiful, but I also looked like another version of Addie. The darkness under my eyes were gone and the best of my facial features were enhanced.

"Shit, the guys should be here any minute." Addie runs to my window and peers through the blinds. "Luca's car is here," she says flustered. Addie informed me that this would be their first date after ending things before school started. She said that this date would be key in telling whether they still had a chance of not. Addie reapplies her lip gloss frantically. "I'll see you at the restaurant," she says, pulling me into a quick hug.

Not even ten minutes later, Apollo's black Ferrari peels into the driveway. I look at myself in the mirror. "You can do this Haven," I give myself a quick pep-talk. This would be my first time going on a date since my parents passed. It was going to be hard. My father would always meet my date at the door and question him on his whole life's story. My mother would tell me how beautiful I looked and when I got home I would give her the whole rundown. If the date went badly my father would plot my poor date's death. My mom would rub my back until I felt better. I wish I had that right now. I wish my parents could meet Apollo.

When I rush downstairs I see the boys greeting Apollo at the door. "Have, Apollo is here," Cade says, jumping up and down as he peaks through the levelers. "Can we say hi?" He pleads.

"Yes, but it has to be quick," I say, opening up the door. My uncle comes around the corner to meet him.

"Different boy," my uncle says. Apollo enters the house. He's in jeans, a white t-shirt, and a light gray flannel. He looked so nice. "Nice to meet you, son. I'm Haven's uncle Ray," my uncle says, shaking his hand.

"Nice to meet you sir, I'm Apollo Laurant." They release their firm grip on one another. My uncle seemed to be sizing up Apollo. My uncle seemed to take the role of my fathers place very well.

"Have her back by midnight," uncle says. He clears his throat. "And thank you for taking care of my family." My eyes widened. I didn't tell my uncle about Apollo being here after my aunt went to the hospital.

"Apollo!" Hayden says running in the room with Holden following close behind. Then it clicks. The boys must have mentioned him to my uncle.

"No problem, Ray," Apollo says, locking eyes with my uncle. A smile meets Apollo's lips. "Hey boys," he says as Cade wiggles his way in with the twins.