Episode 22

It isn't very often that Taehyun falls sick, apart from the time Beomgyu passed his cold to him, but he finds himself on a hospital bed, an IV needle inserted in his arm and eyelids feeling heavy

However, before he could even shut his eyes closed, his one hell of a loud and dramatic boyfriend came shouting at him.

"Taehyun! NO! DON'T FALL ASLEEP! YOU'LL DIE!" Beomgyu yells as he runs up to Taehyun's side.

"Sir, he's not dying. He's just getting comfortable. Let him sleep" a nurse nearby shushes him in a completely unamused tone. "Please refrain using the word 'die' in a hospital."

"Right, I'm sorry" Beomgyu immediately apologises sheepishly but quickly returns his attention to now the annoyed patient, "Taehyunnnn!"

"Can you quieten down?" Taehyun whispers, feeling a headache growing.

"Okay, but are you okay? Do you want to throw up again????"

"I'm okay. And no, everything's good" Taehyun replies with his eyes closed, feeling tired. "It's just gastroenteritis."

"Just??? You were in pain! And puking like crazy" Beomgyu holds the younger hand worriedly, "you don't know how much it hurts me to see you in pain. I was so worried..."

Okay, maybe that had just touched Taehyun a bit. He can hear the concern in the older's tone, and feel his warm hand that's holding his so delicately.

"Have you contacted Kai? Is he okay?" Taehyun asks instead.

"Yeah, his stomach is made of rubbish so he's fine" Beomgyu snorts and that made Taehyun let out a soft giggle. Maybe it's because he's feeling drowsy but right now Taehyun just wants to feel more of Beomgyu's warmth.

Bringing his boyfriend's hand up to his cheek to nuzzle, Taehyun continues to keep his eyes shut, "that's a bit unfair. We ate the same contaminated food."

"Mhm, it's unfair" Beomgyu nods his head to agree, removing his hand from Taehyun's hold before reaching to softly brush the younger's bangs away from his forehead. "Get some sleep, hyung wishes to stay with you but I have to go back to work, is that okay?"

Taehyun frowns but nods his head anyways, "yeah, that's okay. I'll see you at home."

Beomgyu's heart swells with happiness, feeling warm and contented at the way Taehyun said "home". Giving Taehyun a soft kiss on the forehead, he leaves the curtain divided room reluctantly, constantly glancing back at Taehyun to make sure he is indeed okay on the way out.

━═━═━═━┤➴├━═━═━═━

"Baby, I'm home!" Beomgyu announces his arrival loudly, which Taehyun and the AI camera and microphone could easily pick up from within Taehyun's bedroom walls.

And soon enough, Beomgyu's figure appears at the door. He's still dressed in his formal work clothes, his red hair brushed back messily and eyes full of warmth as soon as they laid upon Taehyun.