23. Moments in time

WARNING: CHAPTER UNEDITED WRITTEN ON PHONE. (I can't find my laptop :( )

DEDICATED TO: RUTHYRIVERAORTIZ FOR THE BRILLIANT COVER ON THE SIDE!!! THANK YOU RUTH!! X

************************* 

Chapter 23: Moments in time

Sophie POV

"Sophie?" I heard a voice whisper. The voice sounded so familiar. I would have answered if I didn't feel so weak and drained. I did the only thing I could do. I opened my eyes. I was instantly blinded by light. I blinked a few times. What on Earth happened to me? I looked around and down at my hand. There was a little charm bracelet on my wrist. It had a four leaf clover, Irish leprechaun, a monkey face and my initials. I saw that someone was holding my hand. My small hand moulded perfectly into there's. A wave of pain hit me like a bullet. I winced and closed my eyes waiting for the pain to be over.

"Sophie," the same voice said again. I opened my eyes and looked up. A gasp of shock left my mouth.

"Ash," I croaked as tears shed.

"I'm here baby," he answered squeezing my hand lovingly.

"Ash. Am I dead did the cancer beat me? You rejected me. I'm dead it's just a dream," I cried. My voice rasp and dry, my throat was burning but I needed to talk!

"No baby. It's real I'm really here." He said as he wrapped his arms around my small weak body.

"Why?" I cried into him burying my face in his chest. My hands made there way around him. I couldn't believe he was actually here. I was so shocked, more than shocked.

"Ash-" I didn't finish my sentence because an excruciating trail of pain started in my chest. I tried my best not to scream but a small shriek left my mouth, my throat was burning. I felt Ash pull away from me.

"I'll get Lizzie!" He said and swiftly ran out the room. I closed my eyes and tried to sit up, using the bars on the side of the bed for help. I grabbed on to one and tried to shuffle up, but it didn't work I was too weak to move. My eyes opened instantly when I felt something unusual that I had never felt even when I had cancer before, it couldn't be ignored I needed help!

Ash was here? Why? How? When? Questions flooded my mind. Why was he here? If he loves me why did he reject me? I opened my eyes, I saw I was connected to an IV and a machine to keep track if my heart rate. I just needed that one more machine. To help slow the pain down. After what seemed a lifetime Lizzie ran in.

"Sophie," she whispered.

"Hey Liz I'm in so much pain. I need help," I whispered as tears rolled down.

"Honey there isn't anything I can do-"

"What! Why didn't you tell me this. She's woken up! Of course you can do something! What about the other machine crap you said you would hook her up to? Do that Liz! Otherwise she'll-"

"Please don't say that word, Ash," I murmured weakly. He looked down at me and sighed.

"Soph do you know how long you've been in a coma for?" He asked me as he sighed and sat back down leaving Lizzie standing.

"No," I answered.

"Nearly over a week almost two. Do you remember how you fell into a coma. What caused it?" He asked again.

"No,"

"You fell down the stairs at your home and you just suddenly slipped into one. You didn't move, you didn't speak it almost looked like you weren't breathing but you had a machine to help you. Your dad came back from Ireland hence why you have a bracelet on your wrist. Your brothers and dad thought that you wouldn't wake up but they decided to keep you hooked up to the machines just incase you woke," he turned his head to Lizzie.