16: I knew you were trouble

Picture of Liz on the side.

*******************************************************************************************************

Chapter 16: I knew you were trouble

Jake's POV

After I had called Dad, he put the phone down on me straight away. I wasn't sure what that meant but I couldn't stop thinking about it all night. I stayed with Sophie in hospital while Jack and Alex went back home. I hardly slept a wink at all. I was the only one that my dad kept in touch with. To this day I never really knew why he only kept in contact with me. He had sent me a letter that contained a number. We had only talked a few times but I never really had much reason to talk to him.

"Jake," a quiet voice said. I snapped my head over to Sophie.

"Oh hey babe, how long have you been awake for?" I asked her smiling.

"Not long, umm could you get Lizzie please?" she asked in her gentle voice.

"Err yeah sure," I said getting up and walking to Lizzie's office. I saw her at her computer with a load of paper work at her feet.

"Ermm Lizzie Sophie just woke up and she wants you," I said awkwardly. She jumped at the sound of my voice. She shot up and gave me an apologetic smile.

"Jake did you say that Sophie's mate had Sex with another girl?" she asked.

"Err yeah why?" I asked.

"Umm Jake the bond between Sophie and her mate is breaking very slowly. He having sex with another female is breaking the bond between them. If he rejects her, which I hope he doesn't she won't be able to take the pain-"

"But-"

"Let me finish. She also won't be able to cope if her mate marks someone else that could lead to Sophie....passing away sooner than we thought...." My eyes widened.

"That-"

"Don't get me wrong! Sophie is strong but I just had to tell you," she whispered.

"That son of a bitch better not do that to my sister," I growled.

"I hope he doesn't as well, anyway what did you say about Sophie?" she asked.

"She wants you," I answered simply and walked out of her office and back into Sophie room. I slunk back into the uncomfortable plastic chair.

"Jake umm is Lizzie coming?" Sophie asked softly.

"Yeah," I answered.

Lizzie walked in and she was at Sophie's side immediately. Soph whispered something into Liz's ear. However with my wolf hearing I heard it loud and clear.

"I'll start Chemo again," was what Sophie said. Lizzie had a small smile in her face and she nodded her head enthusiastically. She ran out if the door and closed it behind her.

"Thank you Sophie," I said to her.

"Just so you know I'm doing it for you," she smiled at me. I went over to her and hugged her.

"Thank you... For everything Jake," I heard her whisper.

"I'd do anything for you sis," I smiled in her hair.

"Sorry to bother you again but can you ask Lizzie if I can go." Soph asked. I nodded my head and went back out of the room to find Lizzie. I found her in her office.

"Hey Liz is Sophie allowed to leave? She's been monitored for long enough," I said.

"Umm let me go back and check on her, then I'll see," she said getting up and walking past me, I followed her back too Sophie's room. I stayed outside while Liz examined Sophie. About 10 minutes later Sophie came out of the room, wearing the same clothes that I found her in...She was allowed to go. I smiled at her and walked towards her.