ch. 12

Daniels Pov

I was miserable. I couldn't stop thinking about y/n. She's the only one i've ever wanted, and i completely blew my chance with her. Not to mention how embarrassing it was to have broken down in front of her. I'm such a baby.

y/n's pov

I have no idea what to do. I'm still mad about how Daniel ghosted me, but i also feel bad. He just misunderstood.

It was monday, which meant school. I got ready. I wore leggings with a flannel and some converse. I braided a small strand of hair and did my makeup. I met the boys at the car and we all headed to school.

The ride was silent, and awkward. Nobody said a word the whole way there. When we arrived, Daniel walked with me to my locker. "y/n, can we please talk?" daniel asks. "yeah, talk to me." i reply. "i don't want to do it here." he says. "oh sure uh follow me." i grabbed his hand and we walked to the janitors closet. Before opening the door I looked around to see if anyone was watching, nobody wasn't so we walked in. "what'd you wanna talk about?" i say as i leaned against the shelf. "you and gio." he replies. "great..." i mumble. "what about him?"
"i don't like what i see" he says looking every where else other than my eyes. "what do you mean?" i ask, confused. "i mean you guys act like your in love, but you claim your 'just friends'. I don't like it. I don't think he's a good guys for you, you know?" he tells me. I stop to process everything he just said. "What the hell daniel? i'm done with this shit. Why are you acting like this all a sudden?" i say, raising my voice a little. "look y/n i-" i cut him off. "No, you don't get to act like this. it's not fair to me. you ghosted me because i ruined your so-called relationship with Ali and now your coming for my friendship with someone? you don't get to do this. goodbye." i say brushing his shoulder trying to walk out the door. i was angry. I mean, who does he think he his?

daniels pov

great, i think to myself as i watch y/n leave. I blew it again. What's wrong with me? Was i jealous? Nah, that boy is nothing compared to me. i'm gonna laugh if he ends up breaking her heart.

y/n's pov

I met Gio outside the classroom and we walked in together. We took our seats and began talking as we waited for the bell to ring. I told Gio everything between me and Daniel. I still can't believe Daniel thinks it's fair.

A/N: 1 month time jump

Daniels Pov

I let y/n do her own thing. It's been a month since we've talked, i mean occasionally we would wave, but never spoke a word. It's been hard for me, but I only want her to be happy. She meant so much to me, but it's time to move on.

y/n's pov

I was walking him from the bookstore and decided to take a stop at the beach. I wanted to hangout with Gio today, but he said he was busy. He's been acting super weird lately. Oh well i guess. As i walked, i read my new book. I couldn't take my eyes off of it, it was one of a kind. It was just too good to stop reading. I reached the beach and took a seat on the sand, still never taking my eyes off the book. I read through the pages quickly, excited for what would happen next. I heard the birds chirping and decided to set my book down. The sunset was absolutely beautiful tonight.

I stared deep into the sky. Sunsets have always comforted me. I started thinking deeply and realized it had officially been one month since me and Gio had started dating. We weren't even spending the day together. This week we haven't hung out after school at all. it kinda made me sad, but i understand he's busy. I got up and brushed the sand off of my butt and bent over to grab my book. As i got up, i took one more glance at the sunset. That's when I caught a glimpse of Gios favorite red shirt. I stopped to look at him.

He was holding another girl.