ch. 9

Daniels Pov

I didn't want y/n knowing that me and Ali were a thing. I had to keep it a secret from her. "Wanna go to the beach tonight?" Ali asks me on the way to 4th period. "Yeah" I nod.

What me and y/n had was weird. Like we're friends but sometimes we act more than that. I can't tell if I liked her or not. She's great, but so is Ali. That's all i had been thinking about for the entirety of 4th period. The bell rang.

Y/n's Pov

I had gotten home and laid in my bed. I hope my mom doesn't find out i'm skipping the rest of the day. I stared at my ceiling and thought, what was going on with Daniel and Ali. I feel like they have been acting super weird lately. But I'm mostly confused about me and Daniel. It's like we're just friends but we sometimes act more than that. I don't even know.

I try to take a nap, but when I close my eyes, all I see is Daniel. I can't keep him out of my head. But, the thought of him kinda comforts me. I end up falling asleep.

Daniels Pov

It was finally the end of the day and I caught a ride home with Freddy. I wanted to talk to y/n, but I decided to just leave her alone for now. Me and Ali are supposed to hang out anyways. I had gotten ready and walked over to the beach. As I got there, I saw Ali waiting for me in the sand.

"Hey danny!" she waved to me. "Heyy" I say back. "Wanna pass the ball around?" she asks. I nod. We distanced ourselves from each other and she kicked the ball to me. We ended up passing the ball to each other for a while before we raced to the ocean. We splashed each other with water and she ran away from me, laughing. Her laugh was so cute. "You can't get too far from me!" I yell to her. I caught up with her and wrapped my hands around her body, tackling her.

a/n: I recommend listening to Friends by Chase Atlantic for this part!

y/n's pov

I had woken up and decided to get out of the house. I wanted to hang out with Daniel, but when I knocked on his door, I had gotten no answer. I decided to go for a walk on the beach and watch the sunset, since i had nobody to hangout with. I think Daniel was my only friend.

I walked to the beach and stepped foot on the sand. It was so warm. The beach was my comfort place, it's where I go to runaway from all of my problems. It had always seemed to cheer me up. I slipped off my sandals and admired the sunset.

That was until I saw two familiar faces. I stopped and watched as Daniel and Ali ran back to there spot, grabbing their towels. What is he doing with this girl? They were giggling, and Daniel wrapped a towel around Ali. They stood there, with this look in both of there faces. They looked like they were in love. I figured out what had been going on with them. I watched as Daniel placed his hand on Ali's cheek, he leaned in. Their lips touch, and a tear slides down my face. I love this boy, but i'm just never enough for anyone. Especially Daniel.

I go up to them. "Daniel.." i say. "Oh y/n-" I cut him off. "What the hell were we? Don't tell me we were just friends, because we sure acted more than that. This makes no sense." I confront him. "What do you mean 'acted more than friends' like what? Daniel, is there something you need to tell me?" Ali says, she looks real upset. "Guys it's not like that. Y/n I know I didn't tell you but I'm with Ali. There was too much going on and I didn't want to tell you at the moment." Daniel says defending himself. "So you kept me a secret? You cheated on me? We're done Daniel." Ali grabs her things and storms off while we watch her. "Why didn't you tell me-" Daniel cuts me off. "Just go y/n, you ruined my relationship. I don't want to talk to you right now." A tear falls down his face.

Right then, my heart shatters. I ruined my friendship with him. I didn't want to see him cry. He leaves me, standing all alone in the stand. What have I done.

Hey guys! I'm sorry I haven't posted a new chapter for a while, i have been sick the last couple of days and lost my motivation. But i'm back! Stay Slaying :)