ch. 8

y/n's pov

Last night was amazing. The kiss me and Daniel had, it just kept replaying in my head, the way he looked at me. It gave me such hope for me and him. I don't know, maybe we could happen. As I was laying in bed, I just kept daydreaming about it, that was until I got startled. My mom barged in and yelled at me to get out of bed.

I eventually got up and got ready. It was a bit colder today, I wore sweats and a red crop top. I threw my hair up in a messy bun and did my makeup. I headed out the door and met the boys by the car. I beat them today. They both walked out the door and raced down stairs trying to beat each other to the car. Daniel beat Freddy to the car.

We all hopped in the vehicle. "You know, you guys could've made out anywhere else but my car. Just a suggestion for next time." Freddy says as he started the car. My heart dropped. Gosh, he really saw us? "Shit" Daniel says. That is so embarrassing. Freddy started laughing at us. "So, are you guys a thing yet or..?" Freddy asks. "Freddy shut up!" I say. "Nah man, we're just friends." Daniel says. "Okay, whatever you guys say."

My heart kinda sank. I mean, lately we've acted a lot more than friends. Is that all he thinks of me? Just a friend? Friends don't look at each other like that. Friends don't kiss like that. God, this boy is so clueless.

We got to school, and I headed straight to my locker. I grabbed my first period books and shut my locker. Daniel was waiting behind my locker door, and he scared me once again. "Oh hey Daniel" I say. "Hey uh, about last night" he says back, scratching his neck. "What about last night?" I ask. "Can we keep it a secret? I don't really want anyone knowing about it. Especially not Ali." He replies. "Oh uhm, yeah of course." I say. "Sweet, see you later?" He asks. "Yeah.." He runs off.

Why was he trying to keep me a secret, first he says we're just friends, now he's telling me to not tell anyone? What the hell is this act.

First period went by so slow. Today, I wasn't too excited when the second period bell rang. I don't want to talk to Daniel too much right now. He's been acting weird. I walked to my second period class, and as always, Daniel was waiting for me. But he didn't look that excited this time. I sat down and we didn't speak at all. It was really awkward and silent. "Look, I'm sorry. I'm not trying to keep it all a secret. There's just something's that I don't want everyone knowing right now." Daniel speaks up. "No, I understand." I say, not even taking one look at him. "Okay, we'll uh Ali is sitting with us at lunch today, is that cool?" He asks. "Sure"

Lunch had came around. Why did Ali have to sit by us? She ruins everything. Something is definitely up with her and Daniel. I wasn't liking it at all. I had gotten my food and saw that Daniel and Ali had already sat down with their trays. They say right next to each other.

I walked over to the table and sat down right across from them. I didn't say one word. I sat picking at my food while they laughed with each other. "uh are you alright y/n?" Daniel asks. "i'm fine. I just don't feel to good. I think i'm just gonna go home." I get up and leave.

I walk out the door and begin my walk home. It was true, I wasn't feeling the best. I hear the school door open and foot steps coming toward me. I turn around, it was Daniel. "Hey, I hope you feel better y/n. I'm sorry if I am making you feel bad." he says, catching his breathe. "oh it's not you Daniel, i'm just not feeling the best." I say. I don't even remember what happened as it all happened so fast, but Daniel kissed me and ran back to the school. What the. That was weird. But i kinda liked it.