ch. 21

daniels pov

school ended, i met y/n after class to talk for a bit before i had to get to detention. "have fun in detention idiot" y/n scoffs. "oh shut up" i say, picking her up and tickling her. the halls were completely empty, her laughs were echoing not jsut in my head but through the halls too. i put her down and started walking towards her as she backed up, still laughing. "danielll stop" she giggles. before i knew it, she slipped on the wet, mopped floor. as she fell, she grabbed my hand and pulled me down with her. i fell on top of her. our faces were inches away from each others, she stared at me deeply into my eyes.

y/n's pov

gosh, he was on top of me, our faces were inches away. i wanted him to just give in and kiss me already. i could feel his hot breathe on my face. "i like this position" he says, smirking. "ew daniel quit it!" i laugh, putting my hand on his chest and pushing him off of me. he lent out his hand to help me up. "well, i better get going before i'm late to detention-" daniel says turning to leave. "i'm coming with you" i say. "why? it's gonna be boring-" i cut him off again. "i wanna hangout with you. i'm coming." he smirks and grabs my hand as we head to the detention room.

time jump: 3 hours

i was chilling in bed, listening to music and thinking about daniel per usual when i heard a knock on the front door. i look through the peep hole and see freddy. i undo the lock and open the door, "freddy? what are you doing her boy?" i ask confused. "follow me y/n, close your eyes." he demands. i step outside but hesitate to close my eyes. "what are you doinggg" i say laughing. "just close your eyes. trust me" he reassures. "fine," i say, closing my eyes. freddy grabbed my hands and guided me down the stairs, he was taking my somewhere, but i don't know where.

"okay, 3..2..1.. open!" freddy says, smiling. i open my eyes and the first person i see is daniel, we were at the beach. i look down at the sand, and read "go to prom with me y/n?" my heart melted. i blushed so hard. "will you?" daniel asked. "of course i will," i go in for a hug and he picks me up and swings me around. "thanks freddy" daniel says. "anytime bro" freddy left us alone.

daniels pov

i put y/n down and stared at her deeply. she wasn't looking up at me with her bright eyes. it was silent for a bit until i finally spoke up, breaking the silence. "y/n.." i say "daniel.." she says back. "i really, and i mean really, like you. your my best friend honestly, but there are times i wanna be more." she gives me a soft smile. i looked down. "i felt the same daniel. i've liked you since the day i met you." i looked back up at her. she grabbed my hands and i smirk at her. we leaned in for a kiss.

a/n: sorry this chapter isn't well written. it's very rushed honestly and i'm sorry i've lost motivation for this book as i kinda got over my daniel phase. i'll continue this book if you guys want me to tho! stay slaying :)