Chapter 61

Disclaimer: The information provided depicted by the author is a pure work of fiction. Any names or characters, businesses or places, events or incidents, are fictitious. Any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, or actual events is purely coincidental.

Third Person POV:

Last day of the trial case of Mr. Malhotra's murder, the last deponent in the case was Mrs. Malhotra herself. She stood in the dock to get her verdict recorded as the testimony for the case. Amir presented the various pieces of evidence that Mrs. Malhotra previously provided to turn the case revolving around Kashika. The judge mentioned, "Miss Kashika where's your lawyer? You need to have someone who will present you in the courtroom even if you're going to lose the case." Kashika stood up from her seat and bowed her head, "I apologize your honor but my lawyer in the middle of the execution denied to fight the case for me. I do believe it has something to do with Raj Kund."

Amir mocked her in front of the whole courtroom "Please Kashika... stop blaming others for your wrongdoings. When you found out that you're going to lose the case and can't pay the lawyer because half of your expenses throughout all these years was given by Raj sir as you used to blackmail him and entrapped in someone's murder." She lowered her head and choose to stay silent. "Excuse me..." a voice came from behind everyone's gaze turned towards the door. Ishita walked inside with her suit blazer in her arms, "I guess I'm late... did I miss something?" the judge scrunched his nose seeing her.

Raj stood up and laughed awkwardly, "I'm sorry... she's my spoilt daughter. You all can continue... Ishita..." he growled lowly motioning her to sit. The judge ignored her presence and asked Kashika, "Miss... are you going to fight your case on your own or have you managed any lawyer." Kashika was going to apologize but Ishita spoke in between, "Um... she does have a lawyer... well technically I brought her a lawyer and someone crucial related to this case." She pointed at the door. They peeped out Vikram with Ritika walked inside they bowed in front of the judge.

The judge was pissed off, "This is not your house that you will bring a guest without notice... Mr. Raj this is an extremely unacceptable behavior. She's not just embarrassing me but also violating the rules and regulations of the courtroom." A man approached the judge and passed him a notice. "What is this?" he asked his assistant, "Sir... this is the notice I missed collecting for the investigation office." The judge snatched the document from his hand and took a look at it. He glimpsed at Ishita standing with a wide grin, it was obvious that his assistant didn't forget the document but Ishita got him to say it by paying him some money.

Ishita mouthed the judge, "Eighty thousand..." he shook his head in disbelief and signed the paper continuing the hearing. Ritika took the place of Kashika's lawyer and Vikram took a seat for her. Raj knits his brows seeing it all Ishita winked at him and sits on the bench crossing her legs. Amir glimpsed at Ishita and he was well aware that she was up to something, he presented his closing argument statement "Your honor, summarizing everything that happened on the day of Mr. Malhotra's murder it insists that my client went to the crime site after the death of Mr. Malhotra. The death time mentioned in Mr. Malhotra's post-mortem report is eight twenty whereas the CCTV footage of the hotel provided shows that my client went, there at eight forty and exited the room at eight forty-five. So, theirs no way he would have murdered him and left the room within five minutes of the time span."

He motioned at Kashika, "Whereas Miss Kashika was present at his hotel suite from seven and left with my client after murdering Mr. Malhotra. My client mentioned that when he entered his suite Kashika was crying with blood on her hands and pulled Raj sir's collar threatening him that if he told anyone about it, she will turn the case making him lose everything and she did the same after all these years. My simple urge would be to revise the case with Mrs. Malhotra's verdict and let the jury punish the murderer." The judge nodded and write it down, Amir took the seat next to Ishita and mumbled "What are you trying to do Ishita? Do you have any idea that you're standing against your father helping a murderer?"