Chapter 36

Note: Complete Daily Task mentioned at the end of the chapter for the next update. 

Armaan's POV:

Posing for the cover I ended the first shoot within a short time and it was packed up, editors were impressed by my quick grasping ability. "Armaan Sir... you shocked us with your hidden talent of modeling..." a man on the good side of his forties approached. "It's just my perfection nothing like to be called hidden talent." He gave me a tight smile and showed me the vanity van. I needed to do one more commercial literally I hate Ishita for this, so many dirty hands touching my body to help me dress or do my makeup spreading germs on me.

For the last commercial, it was a simple tennis bracelet and many rings. Exiting the vanity van crew members helped me get in front of the white backdrop clicking some solo pictures. The videographer showed me a rehearsal video of the commercial they were doing. I gave some actions matching the person in the video. "Excellent..." a raspy voice dragged my attention I knew this voice. Turning back, I saw her walking close to me clanking her high heels, "Veronica..." her name slipped out my tongue in a murmur.

"Thankfully you still remember my name..." looking up and down at her she looked attractive and mature but way different like she was when we used to date. "What are you doing here?" I asked when the videographer spoke in between, "Sir... she's our female model and you both have a commercial appearance together in the advertising video." I raised my brows at him then looked back at Veronica. I do have a gut feeling she knew Ishita wouldn't get any male model in time and asked me to do it for her. I know Veronica and her tactics ironically; I taught her all these when she was newly introduced to this dark industry.

"Such a big change If I recall you never liked my work and here, you're a model because your wife wanted to earn a few dollars." She mocked. I haven't seen her in two years she has changed a lot I couldn't get even a glimpse of the girl I loved. It was strange that the girl I wanted to meet all these years was standing in front of me and now I couldn't stand her presence. Ishita has made me believe that if someone cares about you, they will be there for you no matter what downfall a person faces in their life. She's now my wife I can't just ignore her existence in my life doing rash things and hurting each other.

"I'm not doing this... have a word with my wife she would probably ask me to leave this place at once." They looked at me in horror. Veronica chuckled, "My wife... I heard that name somewhere someday." I gave her a look, "Do you have the slightest of shame? Because I don't think you do have one, or else you wouldn't be standing in front of me and uttering those words?" she made a disgusted face, "Don't be so mean Armaan... you know what it was with your mother." I left a laugh, "So what's the purpose to come back here because as much as I remember you were the one running away from your reality."

She rolled her eyes, "You will know very soon I just came here to see how much Ishita got over your head. Don't worry spending one night with me you will forget everything. Then after kicking your mistress out. I would take over her place that has always been mine." I crossed my arm, "Am I standing in front of a slut offering me herself? Love that confidence but where was it when Ishita showed you the door leaving the cover shoot? Next time don't show me your face..." I turned to walk past her but she gripped my arm. "This is not the end..." she uttered lowly.

Ritika rushed towards me and threw her hand away, "Know your limits... if Ishita got to know about it you might end up without hands." Veronica cackled maniacally, "What is it that you two are threatening me with her name? Please be realistic she isn't even a bit close to my charm." And tried to walk close to me. Ritika stepped on Veronica's leg she screamed at top of her lungs, "Ahh... are you crazy? How dare you touch me? I will get you fired..." she shrugged her shoulder, "You're not my boss... if my boss got to know about this I might get a pay rise and next time don't get your leg in between my work." I couldn't stand there even a bit so we left the place.