Chapter 43

Ishita's POV:

Sitting on the bed with curtains closed and dim light I stared at the picture frames of Armaan hanging on the wall. It's been two weeks since he left but it feels like a year. My professional life is as fucked up as my personal. Refilling the glass of wine, I took another sip listing to sad songs. But I couldn't live my life peacefully Aditya walked inside unannounced, "Did Armaan Bhai mention where he would be staying" I looked up and down at him, "The door is made to be knocked before entering the room and no I don't know if I would have then I might not be drinking in the daylight." He signed and sits on the edge of the bed. I kicked his ass "Get out I want to be alone..." he's annoying.

Before I could get rid of him someone else also entered the room, "What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to attend the success party of the Gold Dust?". I ignored Ritika's presence and gulped the whole drink. She glimpsed at Aditya he shrugged in response, "I don't know what it was but I want to feel my emotions privately since it's my first time feeling anything." Ritika rolled her eyes and pulled the curtains, "You're taking a break from the reality and it's not a movie setup which will change with time it's life and you need to work hard to change the current situation you're stuck in."

Squinting my eyes I adjusted with the daylight, "Close the curtains, and yeah nice Pinterest motivation by the way." I forwarded my empty glass to Aditya, "Can you refill it?" he nodded and took the glass, "Make a dirty cocktail..." he raised his brows with a smirk then nodded. "What's going on in the office in my absence?" I asked her. She looked down, "Not very good as there are constant strike men and women are divided into two parts. Women want you to be their boss which is surprising whereas males are strictly against you and urge Raj Kund, your father to remove you from the company. Three major investors sold their shares and a few big shots of the industries are buying the current shares obviously not with good intentions. Magazine publication house has a success party where you were supposed to go there but you're here sipping wine watching the discovery channel."

I gave her a look, "Those parties are for the working class and please I don't wanna dress in itchy clothes, not today." I narrowed my eyes at Aditya, "I told you to make it dirty not disgusting..." He passed me the drink, "It might look awful but take a sip you'll get an orgasm." Raising my brows I took the glass, "Not a good choice of words but I hope the drink would cover it up." Taking a sip my stomach did flip taking deep breaths closing my eyes I felt a rush of ecstasy calm my nerve. With a smug face, I patted his back, "Worst kind of orgasm I have ever got but a good drink. When I own some club chains, you will surely be the bartender in one of them." Ritika looked between us, "Do you guys have any idea how crazy you both sound?".

I emptied the whole drink, "Then what do you want me to do I can't go outside and be like... hurray my husband vanished and I'm so happy without him. Ugh... Aditya, I need one more drink." Ritika sighed, "Armaan really had an effect on you... if that's the case. Why aren't you focusing on finding him? Then get back on board and show the world..." I showed her my palm, "Enough of motivation for today now go back to the office and try to put some sense in those employees." She huffed and left stomping her feet.

Aditya passed me the glass and asked making a drink for himself, "Don't mind but isn't it unfair how much workload you push on Ritika? She handles most of the firms multitasking and then handling your cases in court but on top of it, she handles your tantrum. That girl always looks exhausted." He sits on the edge of the bed. I shrugged, "She gets paid thrice the assistants get in other companies, double the amount any lawyer of Mehra groups gets besides she doesn't have a degree from any reputed university. Isn't it worth it buying her life for my work?" he shook his head, "I might sound rude but you're no one to buy someone's life unless you are the one who gave it. You know why Ritika didn't quit like the other assistants and is loyal to you. Because she cares for you like a friend, she sees you like an elder sister who has achieved great things in life, as I think about Armaan Bhai."