Chapter 72

Third-Person POV:

Ishita crossed her legs sitting in front of the Fiscal India Times Magazine editor in his office with Ritika. The editor looked between them, "Ma'am... what you're demanding is against our policy and on top of it you're a big name in the industry and own a magazine publication house yourself. These awards are sponsored categorically and you happen to be a magazine house owner why would you consider a trivial award of some other publication house."

Ishita took a deep breath and hummed in response, "Look... I don't care about your policies and blah blah blah. If I want the title of this year's FITM Businesswoman of the year award then I'll get it either way. So, you decide to give me what I want or get kicked out of your own office. I guess the second one is quite humiliating but the choice is all yours." Ritika scratched her head not getting the point of Ishita threatening an editor for an award.

"Ishita Ma'am... the ceremony happens to be within two days and we have already chosen Yamini Goel for it. She has been working as a social worker for the past eight years and this year she donated an amount of one crore for flood relief. That's why we considered her but you haven't done anything besides your campaign for health diagnoses tied up with Aadesh Goel for his political agenda." Ritika glimpsed at Ishita because she knows Ishita has been donating money to many organizations mostly that work for child malnutrition but she never revealed her name.

Ishita sternly replied, "Don't you think rather than providing loaves of bread to the person who lost his house after the flood a government or private fundraisers should build a dam or a better water system to prevent the area from drowning in flood? Isn't it like applying a small bandage on a chopped hand assuring them that they can survive without hands?". The editor looked down and expressed, "Ma'am I do agree with your words but that's how these things have been working for years. No one actually cares to find a permanent solution because it profits them. If wars won't happen what will the weapon manufacturing companies will do? That's a simple concept... it's bad everyone knows but no one actually cares. I do admire you as a person because you have achieved a lot at a young age but we can't do as you want us to do."

Ishita twisted her brows, "Ten lakhs..." Ritika mentally rolled her eyes and mumbled to herself, "She won't change... sun could possibly rise from the north but Ishita and change... funny...". The editor coughed aggressively, "I don't think it's the right thing to do...". Ishita mentioned, "Fifteen lakh... last amount either take it and get me that damn award or you with this magazine house would be shut down within the next forty-eight hours." The editor bites his lips and nodded agreeing, "Fine... I'll see what I can do."

Ishita stood up and smirked, "As I said I get what I want... make sure this event is covered up by every media house including the international media platforms. I would like to see myself on their cover pages..." and she left the office with Ritika following her behind. "Are you for real? Fifteen lakhs for what... an award which is probably not made of gold or has diamonds stuck on it." Ishita glimpsed at her, "That Yamini Goel called me a CEO barbie who doesn't deserve to be in the industry. After all that you expect me to be calm and let her win this time as well. Not in a thousand years..."

Ritika was a bit annoyed, "Whatever you just did is morally wrong and what if someone said something bad about you it's nothing new and that's Armaan's grandmother. So, what you're going to do? Shut them all up." Ishita snapped, "Stop this lecture... I don't want to hear another bullshit shove these morals high up your ass." Ritika fumed in anger, "Fine... do whatever you want but this is not good." Ishita didn't care and hopped inside the car, leaving home because her mood was too spoiled to do anything.

Reaching home Nayantara noticed Ishita's grumpy behavior she passed her a bowl of hot soup with some cramp relief pills and for her best maintained a distance from Ishita. Aditya walked inside the house in his gym clothes and was happy seeing Ritika present in the living room. He quickly pecked on her cheeks and left inside to change his sweaty clothes, "How are you doing baby girl?" he walked down in his comfy sweat pants and polo t-shirt.

Ishita looked up at them from her phone, "Don't do anything which will make me stick to my stomach." Ritika rolled her eyes and moved forward to hug Aditya but he cupped her jaw and kissed her lips. Ishita gagged, "Eww... I told you not to do that...." They still didn't care and kissed passionately. Ishita stood up, "Okay... I'm going to the bathroom to throw up." She walked towards the stairs when Yamini walked inside.

"Aditya... Behave yourself..." she noticed Ishita looking at her and spoke out loud letting her hear, "Don't be a coward running away from your competitor. I heard you visited FITM's office to get your name recommended. That's so sad because most famous and worthy people get recommended rather than..." Ishita turned towards her and spoke abruptly, "Oh really... we will see that tomorrow because as far as I can see you quite stressed that why they nominated me for the awards. Just to feed your curiosity they are going to choose me." 

Yamini mocked her, "There is no way you can get such prestigious awards for helping yourself." Ishita knits her brows and steps up the stairs towards her room locking it. Her stomach hurts and her mind was a whole fuss with hormonal imbalance. She changed into one of Armaan's sweatshirts which were big enough to cover up her ass so she skipped wearing pants and roamed around just in shorts. 

Today's task: 40 votes + 20 comments

What's the one thing you crave in your period days?

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺