Chapter 2

"Hi I'm Lexi your roommate." I jump out of bed to help her with with her stuff. I was so zoned out I didn't hear her come in.

"Hi I'm Daisy." I say putting her stuff on her side of the room. While she's putting her stuff on her bed a take a quick look at her. She's pretty. I can tell she has money.

She's African American. She has beautiful curly long hair and a body I would die for.

She turns to look at me with a very nice smile.

"I have a few more things. Do you think you can help me?" She asks.

"Yeah of course." We make our way down and she tells me she's born and raised here. She also has two older brothers. When she asks me about my family I'm very brief with it.

I don't want her to feel bad for me. I don't like people pitting me. We grab the last few boxes making our way back to our room.

"So I heard theirs a party tonight." She tells me. "You want to go?"

"Yeah that sounds like fun." Lie. I've never been to one before. But like I promised myself this year I'm going to put myself out there.

•••

We're currently getting ready for the party tonight. I decide to wear black jeans with a white long sleeve shirt and my Dr martens. Let me tell you those shoes were not cheap.
As
Lexi is wearing this beautiful black dress that ends above her knee. She's also wearing black high heels something I would never wear. Only because I never had a reason to.

"You look beautiful Daisy." She tells me looking sincere. I look down at my outfit now really believe It.

"Thank you. You look amazing." I tell her.

"Do you want to borrow something? A dress like mine?" I'm ready to say no but the way she's looking at me makes me rethink. "Come on! Let me pick it out for you!" She says excited.

Now I'm wearing a similar spaghetti strap red dress that also ends above my knees. She lets me borrow black high heals that aren't as tall as hers.

I look at myself in the mirror and I can honestly say I feel beautiful. My appearance never really mattered to me. Guys at school never looked at me that way.

I lost my virginity when i was sixteen years old. A part of me wanted to feel love even though i didn't know the person. At that age I wanted to know what love was. Even for a few seconds. No one has ever told me they love me, not even my birth givers. Having sex with that guy didn't make me feel anything.

It was painful and quick. Ive had sex with a few other guys from my work but that was all. Ive never experienced that type of love you see in movies. Or how your first time is suppose to be so special. I just think im not meant to have anything nice in life.

The only thing that has been good in my life is Lexi. Ive known her for a few hours and shes the only person i can say is my friend. Im going to be the best person i can be to her.

"Okay lets go!" She says touching up on her makeup.

She grabs my hand and leads our way out. I stuffed my phone in my bra since I don't have pockets or a purse.

"Maybe we'll find boyfriends!" She says excited while her arm is hooked to mine.

"Yeah no." I say with a smile. I've never felt happier in life than I do right now.

Once we make it to frat house I can tell how packed it is and we're not even inside.

"If you want to leave at any moment let me know and we'll go okay?" She tells me and I nod.

We make our way inside trying to find where the drinks are at. One thing i know is to never take a open drink from anyone. Always get a closed drink and never leave it out of your site. Im not much of a drinker but today why not so i grab a beer. Lexi gets one as well and we make out way to the back yard.

"Oh my god its my friend Andrew lets go say hi." She grabs my hand pulling to through the people and towards her friend.

"Lexi hey!" He says hugging her from around her waist. I look over to her and see her blushing. She likes him. "You look beautiful."

"Thank you. You look good to. This is my friend Daisy." She says pointing at me.

"Hi." I say softy.

"Hey nice to meet you." He looks back down to Lexi. "Did you just get here?"

"Yeah like five minutes ago. Who's place is this?" Lexi asks him. Im debating whether to leave them alone or stay.

"It's Axel- hey man!" Andrew speaks to someone behind me. "Nice party."

I look over at Lexi and it looks like shes seen a ghost. I turn to look at who ever this person is. Im speechless to say the least. This guy is beautiful. Tattoos all over his arms. Sadly not my type of guy. I tear my eyes away from him and look around the party and see its even more packed now the it was ten minutes ago.

"You are?" The gorgeous man directs at me.

"Daisy." I say and go back to ignoring them.

"Can I get you a drink?" I give him a tight smile showing him i already have one. "Not much of a talker i take?"

"Nope." And im not. Men like him piss me off. I can already tell he's those type of guys that sleep with anyone. Im not getting involved with guys this year. My main focus is school. He's going to try and talk to me again but i stop him. "Im sorry who are you?" I ask because he's not getting the hint.

Beside me i hear Andrew snort and Lexi gasps to my question. I look at them confused as to if im supposed to know who this guy is.

"Im Axel Daniel." He says with a chuckle.

____________________________________