Chapter 15

I wake up not feeling Axel next to me so my guess is that he left. Either way I told myself I wouldn't get attached to him. So that if I ever do lose him it won't hurt as much.

I turn over to see if Lexi maybe slept in but didn't. To my surprise Axel is kneeling next to me laying his head on my bed.

Why would he sleep there? Maybe he didn't want me to get him sick. Understandable.

"Axel wake up." I move him gently. "Get in the bed."

"I'm fine here." He mumbles.

"I'm going to get in the shower anyway. Go lay down and sleep." He nods getting up and getting under the covers.

I go to the restroom taking off my cloths and stand under the shower head. I make it extra hot so it can relax my muscles.

I'm not sure how long I'm standing there until Axel knocks on the door.

"You okay?" I hear from the other side.

"Yeah." I look around noticing I forgot to get a towel. "Axel?"

"Yeah baby?" Baby. Why do I love hearing that.

"Can you get me a towel?" I hear him moving things around in my room.

"Can I come in?"

"Yes."

I'm standing naked in the shower and for some reason I'm not shy. The way he's looking at me makes me feel beautiful and that's something I don't feel often.

Except when I'm with him.

He stands right in front of me looking at me from head to toe.

"Your so beautiful you know that?" A small smile creeps up. "Forgive me Daisy?"

And I do forgive him. But that doesn't mean I want to be close to him anymore. I'm scared to lose him completely for falling for him.

"I forgive you." I grab the towel from his hand wrapping it around myself. I grab some warm cloths since I won't be going to classes today either.

"Do you need me to get you anything?" He sits on my bed.

"No thank you. Joseph already did." He's been so kind to me. When I didn't show up to class he messaged me asking where I was.

I told him about being sick and he was nice enough to get me my missing assignments.

"You should probably go to class." I say looking at the time but I also just want him to leave.

"Im going to skip." I shake my head.

"No you can't. Axel just go to class okay? I'll be fine." He frowns.

"Why are you pushing me away? Let me take care you." He reaches out grabbing my hand.

"You don't need to. Joseph already is."

"Then text him and tell him you don't need his help anymore. I'm not leaving your side until you get better. And don't try to fight me on this my mind is made up." I roll my eyes an smile.

"Fine." I grab my phone can call Joseph.

"Hey." He picks up.

"Hi Joseph. I just want to thank you for yesterday. I really appreciate it but Um you don't have to come check on me anyone."

"Are you sure I don't mind?"

"Yeah I'm sure. My friend found out and is willing to stay with me until I get better."

"Her friend Axel fucken Daniels." Axel yells.

"Really Daisy? After what he told you." I told Joseph everything that went down. I move away from Axel and go sit on Lexis bed.

"I know but he's trying." I whisper. I look over at Axel and he's looking at me. "I'll talk to you later okay? You can visit me when ever you like."

"Okay. Either way if you need anything let me know."

"I will. Thank you. Bye." I sit there thinking how I got so lucky to have people who care for me. I have Lexi, Joseph and Axel.

"You okay baby?" He stands right in front of me grabbing my chin and making me look at him.

"Yeah. Just grateful to have you guys." I give him a genuine smile.

"Y'all always have us. Your never going to lose me." I grab with his hands and give them a kiss.

"You need to go to class."

"I told you I'm not-" he tenses.

"You need to get me my assignments and your own. Then we can work on them together." He relaxes.

"Your right. Just please text me if you need anything okay?"

"Promise." He leans down giving me a kiss and I let him.

"See you in a bit." Then he walks out. I need to find a way to push him away without being so obvious about it.

I'm falling for this guy and I can't. I can't let myself get hurt. I rather have him in my life and always wonder the what ifs.