chapter 22: THE PROMISE🖤

The guests from various kingdoms started to arrive in the venue,everyone from the rajputs to the mughals were in attendence......the arrival of queen mother,salima,maham were announced by the guards....

*in the emperor's chamber*

"Ruqaiya....i think its time for us to leave" said the emperor to his wife who was resting her head in his lap......it was after many days that she was this close to him....

Ruqaiya gets up and says,"jalal....u first go there with harkha.....this celebration is for her"

He says,"ruqaiya....this is also for you,u have become the mallika.......and more than that u r also expecting....we need to announce it to everyone......."

Ruqaiya nods her head in agreement and replies,"mujhe darr lag rahi hain jalal"
He asks,"kyun?"
She replies,"the enemies.....wht if they did some harm to our child....."

He replies,"nothing like that will happen with the will of my god.....i am by your side.......i will protect our child from any danger....i promise u ruqaiya....."

They hug each other and start to leave for the celebration....harkha waited for a long time  for him to take her to the jashn....but he did not come and she herself went to the venue and the guard announces her arrival......when she enters the place she sees her family,people in attendence were her mother,father,brother,bhabhi,and her younger sisters......she goes near them to welcome and talk to them as they haven't met for a long time......her family was sceptical that she did not come along with her husband as the celebration is due to her pregnancy....their faces were talling her all the stories that were going on in their minds......

Just then the guards announce the arrival of badshah-e-hind and mallika-e-hind.....and all the crowd looks at the direction of the entrance and there comes the couple in matching outfits,walking all graciously towards the throne,the ministers and the people along with the royal family bowed down their heads in respect for which they nodded their head in response.....

Harkha begum could not tolerate all these that to happening in front of her whole clan.....now everyone comes back to their places and  shehensha sits in the throne......

He starts,"first of all i would like to thank everyone as u all had come here in such short notice....we all know why we have gathered here, let's start the celebration"

He gets up from his place and nods his head to the minister and  a maid comes in front with something closed in a silk cloth.....

"In your presence and witness, i pronounce begum ruqaiya sultan  as mallika-e-hind!"and the crowd speaks among themselves.....he looks at her....and she stands up and comes in the front.....he places the tiara on her head.....and she bows her head in respect and he kisses her forehead......

He states further,"the new tittle is very special......because after mariyam makhani,this tittle has the right to change decisions made by the emperor......" after a pause,"and i would like to announce a double treat to the ears,mallika-e-hind is expecting!" everyone speaks among themselves after hearing these.....maham and harkha were really angry as they thought now ruqaiya is firm in his heart and even the kingdom..... hamida and salima were really happy hearing the news.....

Ruqaiya was happy to hear all these but also worried what maham would now plot against her......the emperor takes her to his side and calls harkha to the stage....."i am also very happy by the news that u have given me harkha begum....." she smiles to him and stands beside him.....hamida and salima smiles to each other as everyone are happy....

Ruqaiya starts,"shehensha,if u allow me i would like to give a gift to harkha begum....."
He says,"sure"
Ruqaiya stands up and says,"as a loyal member of the sultanat,i ve always wanted the emperor to have a heir to the throne.....now it has become a reality for everyone of us....its because of harkha begum......because my child would be younger to hers.....so my first duty as the queen would be to thank her for this favour......[she looks at jalal,he nods at her] from this moment,she will be called as 'mariyam-uz-zamani'"

Harkha was astonished by this sudden change.....maham thought that its a clever move by ruqaiya.....the emperor was all smiles .......evryone roared in praises for ruqaiya..... a maid comes in front with the crown and the emperor gives it to harkha and kisses her forehead......

The celebration ended in a good note......ruqaiaya and the emperor's happiness knew no bounds as they had recieved the most beautiful gift from their lord,whom they can't thank enough.....

There were hearts burning in their routine jealousy.....some for the throne and some for their personal gains.....the lovers were firm that they will overcome all these conspiracies with each other's love......there were hearts which were happy for them and willing to support them in the future.......

Only destiny did know what is in the store for them!