chapter 10: The Arrival❤

In amer
In the gathering, the emperor announced that they ll be leaving the evening before sunset.... Everyone were happy that they ll go to agra soon...

Harkha was not happy as again she has to go to that prison, where she has to bear that ruqaiya.... She also felt sad for leaving her parents behind....

She was in her chamber nd saw moti packing the things.... Moti asks, "harkha! What happened? Y r u looking sad"
Harkha replies, "I have to leave my home this soon... I ll miss everyone here" Her eyes became gloomy....

Moti replies while continuing her work, "tum bhi na.... Kuch bhi kehte ho.... I don't feel any different being here nd there.... "
Harkha stares at her
Moti continues, "and above all there is ruqaiya begum sahiba, who takes good care of even servants like us... Kanha ji unhe hamesha hamaare saath rakhein! "
Harkha lost her cool, "moti! Would you stop it! " She said in an irritated tone...
Moti says amazed, "wht wrong I said harkha?... U get angry nowadays without a reason"
Harkha says again, "oh enough moti.... I don't know u r whose maid... Mine or ruqaiya's"
She storms out of the chamber in anger leaving an amazed moti behind thinking wht will happen if things continue in this way.....

Harkha on her way sees maham anga in the opposite direction.... Maham smiles looking at her, "adhaab! Begum harkha"
Harkha stops in her ways nd says, "pranap! Maham"
Maham maintaining the same evil smile says, "the future empress is not in a good mood I guess"
Harkha raises her brows, "wht! Who? "
Maham continues, "u my lady! "
Harkha says, "does it mean I ll be the empress... U talk nonsense"
Maham says, "u r still not understanding me harkha begum.... I think u should work for it now"
Harkha says, "whatever! I don't want any titles maham, just a place in my king's heart... That's all I want! "
Maham says, "ohoo(aftr a pause)..... Do u know y begum ruqaiya is strong even after all these years? "
Harkha stares at her.
Maham continues, "because she has a place both in shehensha's bed nd his kingdom! "
Harkha widens her eyes with realisation, "but hw will I suceed in it... "
Maham replies, "if I can give the king advices that is great enough to run the mughal empire.... Then I shall give lessons in this too"
They both laugh....
They both continue to walk in same direction nd plot against the queen....
Harkha says, "ok.... We ll do according as u said, but hw will I become the empress... Even though he loves me... Will he be able to give her tittle to me! "
Maham stops nd says, "keep one thing in ur mind harkha begum, ruqaiya is the padshahi begum no denial in that, then she is mallika-e-begum, which is a special title among the begums nd not in the empire.... I don't want u to be his mallika-e-begum but mallika-e-hind! "
Harkha's eyes widened, "empress of the country! "
Maham says, "yes! "
And she smiles....

Just then salima begum who comes there with rahim hears her last dialogue... She is shocked nd hides herself nd her child behind the wall....
She thinks to herself, 'just as u said ruqaiya, but u did a grave mistake by not accompanying us..Nd this maham, she is trying to plot that poor girl in her plan! "

Then she goes to continue her work....
And the two ladies walk past nd continue their works....

After sometime, the emperor nd his troop along with his begums start the journey towards agra.... Harkha had bid an emotional goodbye to her family nd retires to her palanquin.... Thinking just to work on her relationship with the emperor....

In agra
In ruqaiya's chamber
Gul was surprised as her queen has not woken up still nd she even missed her morning prayers.... Ruqaiya was not accustomed to missing prayers

She calls, "begum sahiba! Begum sahiba! Kya huwa aap abhi tak uta nahi... Is everything okay with ur health"
Ruqaiya moves a bit nd says, "mmmm.... Y r u crying like this gul... I don't know I m not able to open my eyes... "
She gets up nd says, "ya Allah! Boht der ho chuka hai! "
Gul nods her head in agreement nd asks, "my lady! What happened... This is the second time u woke up late? "
Ruqaiya replies, "haan Gul... Even I don't know.... I m not able to open my eyes in dawn.... I have a different gut feeling too"
Gul replies, "nothing to worry begum sahiba... I ll go to hakima sahiba nd ask her to give a herbs soup.... U ll feel better if u drink it for a week"
Ruqaiya smiles, "ok! Kuch chahiye tumhe.... Ithni khayal"
Gul becomes emotional, "nahi begum sahiba... U take care of everyone here.... Nd it ll be my duty to serve nd take care of u until my last breath... "
Ruqaiya says, "acha... Bas bas....i ll go take a bath"
When she goes,she turns to Gul nd smiles at her....

By the time ruqaiya competed her bath... It was very late... Nd she sat in front of the mirror... She looks at herself in the reflection.... Yesterday's events flash before her eyes nd she gulps in uncertainty of the future.... The maids make up her hair..

Gul comes there, "begum sahiba... U have not decided what jewelry to wear today" Nd shows her the collection...
Ruqaiya says, "ah.. Mmm.... No Gul I feel like not wearing anything..... All these pieces are very heavy to carry.. ... "
Gul replies, "but my queen! Today shehensha is coming.... Nd u have to look beautiful than anyone else.... "
Ruqaiya smiles nd replies, "Gul! If my husband loves me by seeing my heart then he ll see me beautiful even If i not wear these...". After a pause.... She inhales nd continues, " Atleast give me something lighter-"
By this time the emperor nd his troops arrival is announced....
Ruqaiya replies, "oh no! They had come... I wanna welcome them... Let it be.... I ll wear once I come back..... " With that she covers her head with her dupatta nd goes out of her chamber...

Everyone were ready in the harem to welcome their king.... All gathered including nazia begum nd bakshi bano....

Nd when the emperor reached the gate of the harem along with harkha in one side along with maham and salima in the other side along with hamida bano.... They walked in with flowers pouring in from sides....

The emperor was able to see all his wives in attendance along with his sister from a distance.... But he was not able to find those eyes which captivates him in the spot.... When he reaches near them they part the way giving way to ruqaiya who comes there....

Now our king has no boundaries he was lost in her.... She smiles nd looks at him........ With an inner thought hw will he even react to this matter.....

So hey guys.... Hw was the chapter....
Plz tell ur reviews in the comments as they r valuable fr me..... Plz do vote if u like it....

Wht will u think that s going to happen in the story further? Share ur views....

Until then
Stay safe
Always❤