chapter 16: THE DEPARTURE🥺💝

It was evening nd the sun has started to set.... Everything was different this evening.... The strings of everyone would be handled by some other hands from now onwards in harem..... Begums were mostly happy as they would get a new mallika and would not be controlled more but little did they know it's going to be different this time....

Maham anga nd harkha begum were celebrating these like anything...... They also talked about making changes in harem post her exit..... Now that the emperor would be all alone, it would be easier for them now.....

Ruqaiya woke up from her slumber and prepared everything for her journey.... Just then she gets dizzy nd sit in the nearby couch..... Gul who comes in sees her in that condition nd calls the Royal healer....
The healer comes and checks her...
She says, "begum sahiba, frm when have u been feeling like this? "
Ruqaiya replies, "I... I can't remember, but it's there frm sometime now"

The emperor is so sad that the destiny had such a heinous plan in store for him.... He is shattered from inside because of the love he has for her.....
It's been hours since the court dismissed.... He is standing in the same place all this time..... The moments he shared wid her flashed in front of his eyes..... The Shehensha in him says that whatever he did is correct nd he gave this judgement based on the evidence he had...... But deep inside his soul says that he should have given her a chance nd believed in her.....he becomes restless due to his conscience...... This restlessness he had in his heart comes out as tears frm his eyes.... He controls himself at first but breaks down in the spot....he gets up nd comforts himself in the bed wiping his tears.... When he closes his eyes all he could see was her eyes, sharp like an arrow..... When he opens it, he could hear her words" U did not believe me".......
He kept his hands on ears covering then so that he could not hear them..... But in vain......
Then he sees a bottle of sharab kept in the table..... Without a second thought, he starts to drink, hoping to forget the past......

Ruqaiya visits bakshi bano in her chamber.....
The maid runs in saying, " Shehzaadi, ruqaiya begum asks for permission to enter"
Bakshi who is astonished asks her to come in.....
Ruqaiya wished her adhaab.... Nd sat in the couch.....
Bakshi says, " Now y have u come here bhabhi? "
Ruqaiya replies, " Aaj humari aakri din hai yahaan, so i thought to meet u one last time"
Bakshi says, " After all the accusations that u have put on my husband, don't u see I m happy with the verdict "
Ruqaiya replies, " I can't believe it, ur words are different from what is it in ur eyes... "
Bakshi was having a guilty feeling all along...
She continues, " I noticed that u r restless from the time this all started..... I am sure now that there is something u know but do not say"
Bakshi says, " Don't blabber bhabhi jaan.... Don't build castles in air.... "
Ruqaiya says, " That's why u r not able to look at my eyes"
Bakshi looks up on shock.....
Ruqaiya continues, "ok! Now leave this... I have some presents for u and the baby..... "
She presents her with jewels nd dresses....
"I may not be able to see ur children after their birth.... But do tell them they had a mami who loves them even when they were in their mother's womb! "
Bakshi looks on..... The feeling of guilt is clearly visible that she becomes restless....
Ruqaiya says, " I am not sure even to meet u nxt time..... " She hugs her for the last time nd keeps her hand on bakshi's stomach..... "Whatever u think of me, I don't care, but u r the same bakshi whom I and Shehensha had looked after as our very own child..... "
She signs off saying, " Khuda haafiz! "

Ruqaiya goes out of the chamber nd bakshi doesn't understand what to do.... "Hw can u do this to her? "
"She was ur bhabhi, ammi, aapi whenever u wanted"
All these thoughts running in her mind.... " Khuda se kauf kar bakshi... U have to tell the king everything u know untill it's too late! "
She thought to herself nd went to Shehensha's chamber......
But Shehensha was not there nd an idea crossed her mind....