chapter 15: The " JUSTICE"! 😟

It was the day, which everyone were waiting for, some were sure that the story will shape according to their writing and some did not even know wht is in store for them , all they could do is to pray....
It was not an ordinary day in harem, begums were busy talking nd getting ready so that they could see wht would happen to their mallika..... Some were there loyal to her, understanding her stance frm the beginning nd many were just against her nd thought her as a tyrant.....
Harkha's happiness know no bound as he came to her again yesterday, though he was drunk again, she did not care about it much..... She got ready with the best lehanga she has with heavy jewelry as she thought that it would be ruqaiya's doomsday.....
Maham anga was also happy as she is going to remove an important enemy frm her game to acquire the throne.....
The emperor who on one side is a great ruler, wants the whole world to look into him today, he thinks he has to give justice which would be same to all, deep inside the passion of love tells him something else.....

Ruqaiya also gets ready nd had got a newly found courage to face whatever happens today.....

*in diwan-i-khaas*
All ppl were coming one by one to the place of assembly..... The guards announced the arrival of the emperor with maham anga nd harkha begum in both sides....
All were seated.... Just then the guard again announces the arrival of ruqaiya begum with nazia and salima begum in both sides....
Ruqaiya always had a grace while she walks, not due to her being the mallika but generally everyone in the empire respects her nd also fear about her....
When she walks the path, the guards bow down their head in obedience nd the ministers get up frm their places nd wish her adhaab.....such type of respect is shown to the emperor nd his mother Mariyam Makaani , now she also gets it.

Soon she found herself standing in the place where she stood yesterday.... She nodded to salima to which she went and sat behind the veil nd nazia stood in a corner..... Ruqaiya wished, " Adhaab badshah salamat! "
The emperor did not pay any heed nd ordered, " Let's begin! "
Adga khan starts, " Tell us ruqaiya begum, wht is the proof that u have, to prove Shariff Udin is the secret lover of nazia begum? "
Ruqaiya starts, " It is the maids, from whom I came to know about this, adga saab.... Agar Shehensha ka ijazat ho.... Hum unhe yahaan pesh karna chaahtein hain"
The emperor nods his head nd she claps her hands twice....
There were two maids nd gul was also present along with them.....
Ruqaiya looks at them, nd starts, " These are nazia begum's maids.... They are in her service since the time she came here... " Nd she nods.....
They started to tell their side of the story, " Adhaab Shehensha " They wished in unison.....
The emperor says, " Tell me.... Wht u know"
One among them starts, " At first we did not realize anything wrong but soon there were changes in the begum's behaviour she seemed to cover up something frm every one of us.... "
The other says, " She doesn't let us be even outside her chamber, but one night when we accidentally going by the way, we saw a man who is taller entering her chamber, we doubted as he was covering his face with a shawl.... But his dress nd the ring which he wore.... We were sure that he was a member of the Royal family... "
They continued, " And this became the routine.... The man came every night nd left the chamber before sun rise.... "
Gul continues, "it's my duty  to ask the maids of any complaints.... That is when they both told me about it, nd I told my lady about it"
The emperor asks, " That's all.....? Hw did u conclude that the person is shariffudin? "
Gul continues, " Just like that one day, when the maids were cleaning begum nazia's room they found a brooch nd I reported it to begum sahiba"
Ruqaiya opens the plate that Gul was carrying with a cloth on it..... And now the brooch is visible to everyone.....

Everyone gasps..... The emperor sees it nd is confused.... The queen mother also sees it and is shocked..... Bakshi bano looks at it and tries not to react....
Ruqaiya starts, " U did not remember it Shehensha? "
He looks at her in confusion... She asks hamida, "did u recognize it ammi? "
Hamida stands frm her seat with amusement in her face, " Yeh.... Ye.... This brooch was a gift, which I gave to sharifuddin.... In his marriage "
Everyone is shocked by the revelation..... Nd talked among themselves about the changing direction of wind.....
Sharifuddin gulped in fear nd started to sweat.... Bakshi bano is not able to meet anyone's eyes.... Deep inside she thinks that her worst nightmare is coming true....