chapter 19: The HONOR 💝

They heard noises of footsteps approaching them..... They were standing in the same position....
Ruqaiya says, " Jalal, I think they have come for us.... We have to return it's late now"
Jalal parts with her unwillingly..... And plants a kiss on her forehead....

Just then harkha enters the scene, " Shehensha-"both look in her direction.....
She shouts, " Salima begum, I have found him!! "
The emperor says, " Harkha begum, why r u shouting? "
She comes running towards him and hugs him tight closing her eyes saying, " Shehensha.... I was very much worried.... Where had u gone?? I was searching everywhere!!! "
The emperor feels awkward as she hugged in the unexpected moment and looks at ruqaiya who smiles looking at them..... Then he reciprocates the hug by keeping his arm over her.....
Just then salima begum too arrives with soldiers surrounding them.....
Then he parts with harkha saying, " It's okay harkha... Don't cry .... I m here now" But she is not willing to leave him and continues sobbing..... And at last she leaves him...

Then they returned back to their tents..... Harkha begum took the emperor to her tent before he could speak anything to ruqaiya..... Ruqaiya and salima went to their tent to take some rest....

*in harkha's tent*
She was sobbing and he sat on the bed....
He sees her and says, " Harkha begum, you are not a child, y don't u stop crying? I had returned safely right? "
She wipes her tears and sits beside him saying, " It's just that i was so much worried, that i cry when I think of it.... "
He looks at her and sighs....
Then she takes his hand in hers.... He asks, " What r u doing? "
She replies, " I was very much worried shehensha, that something might have happened to u.... And my child would be fatherless... "
Realization dawns upon him, he looks at her with widened eyes.... Waiting for explanation frm her....
But she looks down in shyness....
" Aapki matlab? "
She looks at his eyes and replies, " You are going to be blessed with the heir of the throne..... And this is my gift for u"
With the revelation, the emperor's happiness knew no bounds.... He takes her face in his hands and kisses her forehead, " U know, I am how much happy now! This is confirmed, right? "
She says, " Yes... It's 2 months now and u can announce it too! "

His happiness knew no bounds which was clearly visible in his face.... That night was rather a happy one for him as also reunited with the love of his life..... She too was happy for her child.... But more than that for the attention she would be getting hereafter, praying to God that the child is a boy!

Ruqaiya after many days slept peacefully in her tent as tomorrow would be a big day for her too! 😉

The sun rose and the morning prayers were offered and everyone including the soldiers prepared for their return as the emperor ordered to start the journey after the prayers so as they would reach agra by afternoon.....

Ruqaiya sat in her dressing table and getting ready for the journey.... Like the old times..... She was looking Ethreal in a white sharara with golden jewellery adorning her body.....
She senses someone coming and looks at the direction to find the emperor coming towards her direction.... She gets up and adjusts her dress and wishes him adhaab to which he simply nodded....
He starts, " Mashallah! You are looking gorgeous.... "
She smiles looking down.... He takes her face in his hands with his thumbs rubbing her cheeks lightly.... She looks up....
"I was not able to interact with u last night! "
She replies, " Now we have our whole life ahead of us! "
He leans forward and rests his forehead in hers, " I don't know ruqaiya but i sense a weird feeling for you today! "
She parts from him and takes his hand in hers, " Mujhe bhi.... Shayad yahi ishq hai!"
They both laugh at the moment and move out as it is their time to start the journey....

The journey was smooth and all reached the palace gates before afternoon..... The news of the king's arrival echoed on the walls of the fort....
All the people of agra gathered near the palace gates to welcome their queen back.... Hamida had organized a grand way to welcome them with a stage like setting in the centre of the crowd....

The palanquins and horses stopped at the gates and there comes shehensha walking the passageway.... Behind him is ruqaiya who is accompanied by salima and harkha on either sides.... The drums were beaten hard so aa to assure the arrival of their queen....

Ruqaiya walked the aisle gracefully towards her mother in law.... And hamida welcomed her with open arms..... She says, " Glad you are back ruqaiya! I am so happy"
Ruqaiya replies, " U r my biggest blessing in this life ammi! I love u"
Then she interacts with others too....
Now the whole crowd goes restless and the emperor makes his way towards the pedestal....
He starts, " I am feeling blessed today because I can now feel the warmth of your love.... You have supported me in all the times.... I feel immense pleasure to announce a very good news today.... A news all have been waiting for in the past years..... I thank God that he has answered my prayers and will bestow me with a child..... ( the whole crowd was amused to hear it including the begums, the queen mother, everyone.... Ruqaiya looks at him in awe..... While harkha maintained a face with pride)
Yes u heard it right, harkha begum is expecting!! "
Some in the crowd were happy but some not as they always wanted a child of only mughal blood....
Maham anga was all smiles but deep inside burning as this would be a hindrance in her game for the throne....
Harkha jumped immediately to the pedestal smiling at the crowd beside the emperor.... He was really happy.... It came as a surprise to hamida and salima too.... But they were worried what would be ruqaiya's reaction to it..... But ruqaiya just smiled.....
He continues, he points to ruqaiya
" I am also happy today because the queen is back.... But more than that i feel happy for the hearts she captured..... So here comes my queen.... The queen of the hearts! "
She did not expect this and she maintained to smile.... She goes towards the stage and he leans his hand forward to support which she gracefully accepts....
He starts again, " For her loyalty towards the kingdom, for its welfare she had sacrificed a lot of things in her life( a silence passed among the crowd... They always pitied the queen due to her personal life.... She looks at him) so i feel it's time that i honor her for being a part of the emperor's life..... ( all eyes are on them including maham and harkha)
From today she will be acknowledged as Mallika-e-hind!! "
The whole crowd roared in praises for the mallika.... Ruqaiya looks up at him in astonishment..... He smiles at her.... She looks at hamida and salima who nods in a positive direction.....
She started, " The first I would like to thank would be my god for a life he has bestowed me with... Then comes u people who I want to thank wholeheartedly for accepting me as your queen.... "

He holds her hand in front of the whole world.... She is happy.... He is happy to see her like this.....

When the crowd dispersed and everyone returned to their respective chambers, maham got hold of the opportunity to sow not one but many seeds of venom in harkha's mind, " She is already the padshahi begum, and now she becomes the queen of the lands under the mughal lands too.... But you are the one who is going to give a heir.... Very pity of you! "

There were some burning their hearts with never ending vengeance towars her due to her husband's love for her.... Which they never got.... Some for the throne, as now she becomes more powerful with tittle.....

There were some who now understood that the emperor is all ruqaiya's..... His heart is with her, which never jumped to anyone else.... Even though expecting a child from someone other than her, she is still his love......

Hey guys, hw u all have been doing?
If u like the chapter plz do vote it and comment your opinions and reviews in the comment section as they are valuable for me....
Hw is the story going forward! Do you all like it?

Until then,
Always❤