chapter 12: The storm 🌪 in her life!

The intensity of the issue has raised many folds nd It went on the verge when when harkha begum said that she had a proof....

"The person whom u trusted the most has kept this a secret! Hidden from u!... It's none other than " Ruqaiya begum"! " Said harkha.
Hearing this the court became more restless talking among themselves in a louder manner.... All began to judge the queen for her actions while the king was not able to digest whe he heard just seconds ago.... His eyes became red in colour nd his grip in his sword tightened.
He looked at harkha for more answers with a pain in his eyes....
The members of the Royal family were shocked equally too... All the begums are talking among themselves... Some were shocked to know their mallika's act as they know about her loyalty towards the king nd the kingdom....
Some were very happy as she was struck in such a storm that she would never rise again in the eyes of the emperor.....
Maham was very happy as this was like a cherry in her planning to take ruqaiya away from the emperor nd the empire.... All she wants is that whoever in the power should be her puppet nd harkha easily fulfilled wht all she wanted....
Ruqaiya throat stuck for a second as it took her seconds to process wht happened..... She always looked forward for this day where maham would put her in a circle of suspicion in the mind of the emperor.... But it turned out to be this way.... One thing came in her mind is that, "does maham nd harkha know this all along the way? Even before she came to know about it? "
Many questions ringed in her mind nd she looked up at those eyes which was waiting for an answer from her mouth.... Those eyes wanted her to say that all these are lies against her nd he was ready to believe it.....
But no she cannot say that as she knows all these even before him.... Nd the time has passed.... She has to tell it! Now!
She looked up at his eyes nd nodded in a yes.... With that the emperor sat in his throne in a shock!
The world which seemed to be beautiful hours back.... Crushed under his feet..... Thinking that one wife had betrayed him with her lover nd the other whom he thought as his source of strength has betrayed the trust he had in her......

Maham says, "whom are u accusing harkha begum? Begum ruqaiya can never do such an act? "
Harkha says, "even I did not believe my ears when I heard it.... Tell everyone ruqaiya begum.... Did I tell anything wrong? "
Salima kept her hand on ruqaiya's shoulder while nazia kept her hand in her palm.... She looked at both of them nodding to her..... She knew that proving the truth will however stain her relationship with the emperor.... It would change her equation with everyone.... She thought to herself, "ya rab! U r the only one who is by my side"

She walked from her seat , came out of the veil nd stood in front of the throne where harkha was standing.....
"Whatever you said is true harkha begum! " Were the first words to slip from her mouth....
Harkha smiled as she doesn't have anywhere to escape.....
The emperor with both anger and feeling of betrayal shouted, "" How could u betray my trust? U know all these happenings behind my back nd yet u did not tell me? I m ashamed of myself that i had loved u all my life!  U ll be punished for this crime! "
The court went restless....
Ruqaiya begum looked up at him, "u r right shehensha even though I knew it I was not able to tell it to u-"
She was cut in by maham, "what a shame mallika e begum, u did such a heinous crime.... Does that suit a queen! "
Ruqaiya begum says, " Shehensha, every suspect should have a chance to present his side of story, give whatever punishment u want to give me but before that hear me once! "
The emperor looked at her in disgust, she continued, "for the sake of your love! "
He looked at her with tears in his eyes says, "just because for the sake of love! "
She nodded, "shehensha as these ppl say I did not know about it in the beginning, but came to know just a month back when u were in amer.... She tells him how nazia said thing to her....

She says, " Punish her as u want because she betrayed u as a wife.... She is ur convict.... But it is also important that she fell for her lovers words because he used her knowing that she is lonely..... " The emperor looks down in thinking, "he expressed his love towards her even though knowing it is a crime to propose the badshah's begum.... Will u not punish him? "

His eyed widened.... He says, "of course y not! I ll punish him too for this crime.... "
Harkha begum nd maham looked at each other as they did know about the lover but doesn't know who he was!
Hamida bano says, "who is the guy ruqaiya? "
Ruqaiya says, "ammijaan, hum unke naam kaise le sakthe hain.... Jab woh hmari hi parivaar ki hissa ho"
The emperor comes forward, "is he the member of royal family?! "
"Who dared to interfere in my personal life? "
Ruqaiya says, "husband of the princess, sharifuddin saab"
Everyone were shocked again nd the emperor stood up in anger, "wth do u say ruqaiya, u are pointing on my sister's husband.... "
Nazia comes forward nd says, "my king! Whatever ruqaiya begum is saying it is the truth! The one who made me fall in love with him with his luring words nd then betrayed me when he came to know I was pregnant is that scumbag only! "Her words echoed on the palace walls....
The sounds in the court increased many folds....

Bakshi banu says, "shehensha don't believe them... In order to save her lover this woman has put all the lies on my husband's name.... My husband would never betray me.... I know him.... "
Sharifuddin who stood next to her was happy that his wife nd the emperor does not doubt him.....

Maham now came to know that he is indeed the lover.... But she thought that this truth may change her game so she too went on in support, "u believed in this woman's lie totally ruqaiya begum.... Nazia begum what proof do u have to prove this"?

The emperor looks at them for answer.... Ruqaiya comes forward nd says, " Shehensha give me a day's time.... I would bring the proof in front of everyone "!
Bakshi bano not able to tolerate comes in front to slap nazia.... She rises her hand which was stopped by ruqaiya in the mid.... She comes in front of her, " Yesa mat karo bakshi, jab sach saamne aayega boht pachtaoge"
Bakshi says, "I did not know u r this evil... I know u r jealous of me that's y u did this to me.... "
Ruqaiya leaves her hand, "y would I be jealous of u, u r my sister"
She replies, "no u r jealous as I am happy with my husband, he is nly married to me.... Nd that i conceived even before u"
Ruqaiya's eyes widen in anger with tears filled in it, "just stop it, aur ek lafz nahi sunogi"
The emperor shouts, "stop it, no more tamasha here"
"Ruqaiya, I give u a day's time.... U have to prove it or else u ll be punished for both ur betrayal nd illzam against my subedaar.... "
Ruqaiya nods at him nd walks away gracefully while the entire court bows down in respect to her....

Hey everyone hw was the chappy.... Plz tell ur review in the cmnt section.... Hw is the story going on.... If u like the part plz do vote it....

Until then
Be safe
Always❤