chapter 17: WHAT HURTS MORE? Love OR Truth🤔

"stop it jalal" a voice came from the entrance.......

When he looked at the entrance, his heart jolted with joy to see the love of his life....
She says, " For God's sake, don't make a child fatherless when it is in the womb itself.... Think about it, jalal! "

Salima says, "have some mercy, my king.... Don't take any hasty decisions in anger" (He looked at salima's direction when she spoke)

Then when he turned again towards the entrance, she was not there.... His eyes searched hers in the whole crowd... But did not find them.... He realises that it was only his imagination and his luv had gone far away from him.....

He withdraws his sword back taking into account of the child's future in his sister's womb.... Everybody sighs and bakshi looks in amusement.... Shariffuddin too sighs in relief....

The emperor starts, " Taking the children in both the princess's and nazia's womb.... I postpone the verdict regarding this culprit....... Until I bring back padshahi begum "
Salima, bakshi, hamida smiles hearing this thanking God that the truth is finally out nd the queen will be coming back...

Maham and harkha's face lost the glow, and embarrassed on defeat... They were angry on the happenings nd nodded to one another.....

The emperor dismissed the court announcing that, " Ruqaiya begum is not guilty and the real culprit Shariffuddin is ordered to be put in prison and also nazia is free as of now "

Everyone is dispersed from the court...
Maham and harkha meets and plans something if any situation arises.... They both went to the emperor's chamber...

* in the emperor's chamber*
Salima and hamida were standing in opposite directions while jalal was sitting in the bed between them with hands balancing his head....
Lifting his head,
He starts, " I did a sin, ammi.... Hw will i correct it? "
Hamida says, " Beta, everyone does mistakes, repent to God that he is the most merciful... "
He replies, " Wht about ruqaiya ammi? Will she forgive me? "
Salima says, " It will take sometime Shehensha.... But i m sure she ll forgive u"
The emperor says, " But hw will i do it? "
Salima replies, " The caravan has been resting for the night somewhere near ganges, if u start now u shall get her... "
His eyes widened, " Yes! Salima u r right... "
Just then maham and the 'new' mallika enters.... Maham says, " Kya zaroorat hai jalal? U send her an order, nd she will come back..."
Harkha also tells, " Haan Shehensha, when u have so much work here, y would u go there? "
He glared at her in anger...
He replies, " I have to go badi ammi, or else I shall regret all through my life"

Hamida says, " Do anything to bring her back jalal! That's my wish! "
He replies, " Your wish is my order"
He turns to salima nd says, " I need ur help in this salima begum.... U have to accompany me in this journey! "
Salima says, "that's my pleasure Shehensha"
Then harkha frowns to maham nd starts, " I would also like to come with u Shehensha.... After all I started all these without knowing the truth"
Salima stared at her in confusion.
He replies, " It's okay harkha begum, u may ask for forgiveness once she return"
She replies back, " Plz Shehensha, allow me to join "
Maham too argues in her favour and at last all the three had started their journey towards finding ruqaiya....

Somewhere in the plains, ruqaiya and the caravan laid their tents to rest for the night with a plan to start after the morning prayers....

* in ruqaiya's tent*
Ruqaiya was lying in the bed with her hand covering her face, gul comes in.
" Begum sahiba, are u okay? Wht is the need to leave the palace, even though u know about your condition? "
She asked concerned.
Ruqaiya gets up nd sits comfortably and says, " Gul, don't u dare to speak about this even to me, until we reach kabul, my Lord would give me strength in these hardships"
Gul nods and says, " It just slipped due to my love towards u... Forgive me begum sahiba "
Ruqaiya nods to her and looks on...