[03]

The birds chirped while flying in the blue sky. The morning sun rise shining , waking people up causing everyone to get ready for the day. The once silent road and sidewalks were now filled with busy cars and crowded people walking to the destination they need to be.

The camera shifted to Dre walking along side Sherry to his new school. "You know, you don't have to come in. I mean..." Dre said wearing the school uniform with a dark blue cap. A little big but that's what
he wanted. "I can handle it."

"Don't be silly. It's your first day."
Still walking , Sherry was checking this in her bag to see if she had everything.
"Plus we both need to meet the principal there, Ms. Po." Sherry said.

"I can find her." Continue walking while looking down. "You need to get to work, right?", Dre said. Apon hearing her son's words , she felt offended. " Are you trying to get rid of me?" His mother sternly said. He immediately denied it not wanting to make his mother upset and misunderstood things.

Finally reaching the school entrance Sherry was a woman standing outside of it holding a file. Greeting the woman who happened to be Ms. Po , the two woman began talking. Dre who still stood beside his mother tuned out the conversation and was looking around the place.

Looking behind Sherry, he thought his luck was like hopping in a puddle of Mudd. Right there behind the red doors was Cheng and his gang. They seem to be just minding their own business. Cheng was looking from a far , as if he was waiting on a sertan someone.

Not wanting to get caught early in the morning already he turned back to the conversation both female's were still ingaged in.

Right on time , as Dre turned around he didn't see a (H/C) girl who ran up and jumped on to Cheng's back. Stumbling a little the raven head boy was used to this greeting , [Name] would only do this with him. Not Zhuang. Not Liang. Just him, it made him feel special. He carefully carried the girl on his back as she struck a conversation with the gang , casually while walking in side.

After getting caught Sherry firmly said to her son that they would talk about it later. Walking in the gate Sherry said "I love you" Feeling a little embarrassed. He was thankful that there was not that many people outside anymore. everyone was mainly inside already. Not getting the response she wanted.  she repeated this time more softer " I said I love you"

"Ok mom, love you too" Dre muttered to his mother a bit loudly so that she can hear him.  "Ok, have a good day" Sherry said to him. This time he really didn't respond back and just walked in.

___________________________________________

A bell ringing echoed the school building. Students heading to the canteen meaning it was lunch time.

Dre already with a tray in hand he was struggling to pickup things with the chopsticks. Still struggling he felt someone touch his hair, turning to the culprit he was Mei ying smiling brightly at him.  "Hi" she greeted him.

"Hey" Dre greeted back. Since she was there she began getting to get something to eat and lend a little helping hand to him because she saw him struggling before approaching.

"You know , we only wear our uniforms on uniform day" she told him chuckling a little.  " Oh yeah, I so got that one. " He responded 'cooly'.Realizing they never did actually got to introduce themselves. "I'm Mei ying "the girl said a smile never leaving his face. "I'm Dre " giving her a small smile back.

Walking to the side. Mei ying apologize to Dre about Cheng's actions. "So that's his name" Dre said.  Curious Dre asked "is he your boyfriend" this cause Mei ying to almost gagged. Not many people knew they were related , plus the said raven head was her best friend's man. Well she didn't know that yet but soon in the future.

Seeing Mei ying's  scrunched up face he realizes he probably made a mistake. "No he's my cousin" she replied. Probably not expecting it because Dre looked at the girl with wide eyes. This cause her to be in a giggling fit as his reaction was hilarious.

"Well he seems protective of you"Dre said. Reserving a nod in agreement of the statement. Cheng had always been protective of her and her friend since they were little. It was an understatement for his behavior but sometimes Mei ying wishes he would just turned it down a little.

"Mei-Mei!" A familiar voice called out to the ravenette. Walking over to the two the girl side huged Mei ying. "Hi" said the girl smiling widely. Looking at her happy friends face Mei ying giggle at [Name]  enthusiasm energy.

Dre awkwardly standing there was confused of the new face arrival. Seeing the boy next to her friend. [Name] untangle herself from her friend and greeted him.

"Hi, I'm [Name]. You must be the new foreign student,Welcome"  [Name] said to him holding out her hand. Dre accept it making them shook hands. "I'm Dre Parker and thanks ", he said with a small smile. It falter a little as he felt eyes burning the back of his head when he touched [Name] hand , even after he let go.

Turning to Mei ying the girl said she was wondering what was taking her so long, considering she asked her to keep her company while practicing her violin lesson. Finally remembering she quickly took her food and said to Dre that she'll see him later while walking with [Name] who gave him a little wave.

"Wait, you eat and practice at the same time?" Dre asked looking at the girl's. Seeing both holding the metal trays. "Yeah" Mei ying respond while [Name] nodded.

"But my mom saids...if you eat standing up... It gives you gas" Dre said sharing the information his mother once told him. This both girls into a laughing fit. It wasn't loud , one hold a familiar sound to a boy who loved the laughter since young.

"Your funny" Mei ying said smiling. "Nice meeting you Dre" [Name] said giving him another small wave. Not moving his gaze from the girl's mostly Mei ying he watched as they both left the cafeteria.

Just then his tray suddenly went flying. This brought the boy back to reality. Turning to see the culprit he saw none other the. Luwei Cheng. Standing there with his usual mean smirk. This time Dre didn't feel frightened, no. He felt anger and annoyed.

Well he wasn't the only one. Cheng saw the interaction from a far. He was a little cool when it was just Mei ying but when [Name] went to get his cousin. She met him. She shook his hand. She smiled at him. The one thing he promised to protect.

He didn't care who Dre was or where he's from. All he wanted was for his butterfly to stay with him. He didn't really had a solid reason to hate Dre. He just envy him.

Dre began shouting at Cheng as his frustration rise in him.This  got everyone's attention including Ms. Po who came quickly to the two boy asking what was wrong. Of course Cheng played the victim.

"I accidentally bumped into him knocking his tray in hand away. I apologize but he just kept shouting at me" Cheng said to Ms. Po not giving Dre a chance to explain first. "Whatever he's saying he's liying!" Dre exclaimed wanting to defend himself but the damage was done.

"Mr. Parker , go" Ms. Po strictly said looking at the boy. Dre was upset and frustrated with everything he just walked out the door. Continue walking away from the scene Dre screaming "I hate this place!" Out of frustration and hurt.

Cheng watched as the boy walked away , feeling proud of himself. He also was told to walked away. So he obey and walked to his gang. "Did you really have to do that?" Liang asked the boy as soon as he sat down. " You know it's against the rules" he added.

"Plus [Name] not gonna like it if she finds out" Zhuang said hopping in the conversation. Cheng looked up from his food and answered.

"She won't know if you two don't say anything. Besides do you want to see if the foreign do something to our little butterfly" silent feel on them. Of course they didn't want that but they also know she can handle herself.

"But he hasn't done anything and it's a first day" Zhuang tried reasoning with him. He wasn't choosing sides he just thought it was unfair. "Doesn't matter" Cheng reply.

"Ok, we won't say anything but you better get your act together because we're not gonna lie if she asked"Liang Said continues eating his food. Cheng sight knowing it was true he has to control himself or he's gonna loose his butterfly wether it was his fault or not.