Morning Music

Exactly 5 years before..

June 10 2015,

I Squinted my eyes when bright sun kissed on my face through the window. I got up by rubbing his eyes.

Today I felt a different vibe in me as am feeling something special is going to happen to me. And yes today I am entering into the final year of MCA.

I did my morning chores and went down to the kitchen to have a coffee from my mom.
'Good morning ma..Enakku Coffee..' I greeted my mother and sat on the kitchen counter.

'Good morning da kanna.. Intha unoda coffee' smilingly she handed me the coffee.

I took the coffee and sat on the counter top by sipping my morning refreshing beverage.
'amma.. Appa enga?' I asked her.

'Appa pakathula irukara parkla walking poi irukaaru'

I replied.'Hmm...Seri ma.. naan poi work out pannitu varen'I told by placing the coffee cup. 'Seri pa' she replied.

I went to upstairs to do my workout in his gym room. As I am a fitness freak i won't miss my work out even a single day. I was busy doing a workout that is when I heard a song been sung by a sweet voice from the neighbouring house. I instantly got mesmerised in the voice.

(Author's Favourite: Song from Kanda Naal Mudhal).

Kanda naal Mudhalai
Kaadhal peruguthadi
Kanda Naal Mudhalai
Kaadhal Peruguthadi
Kaiyinil vel piditha
Karunai siva baalanai

Kanda naal mudhalaai
Kaadhal peruguthadi
Kaiyinil vel piditha
Karunai siva baalanai

I immediately started searching for the owner of the voice from his balcony.

All he could see is the back side of the girl who is sitting and playing veena and singing the song on the adjacent terrace.

Vandisai paadum
Ezhilil vasantha poongavil
Vandisai paadum
Ezhilil vasantha poongavil
Vandisai paadum
Ezhilil vasantha poongavil
Vandisai paadum
Ezhilil vasantha poongavil
Vanthu sugam thantha
Kanthanae en kaanthanae

I was just admiring the back view of the girl who wore a half saree. The way her Jhumkas danced whenever she swayed her head.
The cute little fingers artistically played the strings of the veena. The hair braid swayed according to her tunes.

Vandisai paadum
Ezhilil vasantha poongavil
Vanthu sugam thantha
Kanthanae en kaanthanae

Kanda naal mudhalaai
Kaadhal peruguthadi
Kaiyinil vel piditha
Karunai siva baalanai
Kanda naal mudhalaai
Kaadhal peruguthadi

I didn't know how long I was standing admiring the petite girl and her soulful voice with my eyes closed until my mother came and shook me.

I jerked instantly and saw my mother.I immediately saw the neighbouring terrace where I couldn't see that girl.

'Dei ennada collegeku time aagaliya? innum ready aagama iruke?' my mother asked me.

'hm.. uh.. itho ready aagaren ma. Amma.. inga intha veetla yaaru athu ippo paatu padnathu?' I asked his mom with much curiosity.

'Dei ithu music school da. puthusa open panni irukaanga. Student yaaravathu padi irupaanga' she told him.'Aama Yen kekara?' she again asked me.

'Illama..paatu keka nalla irunthuchu.. Athu thaan yaar paadnathunu paakathaan..' I somewhat managed to say.

'Oh..naanum keten.. romba deivigama irunthuchu..but yaarunu therila'. Seri pa. Naan poi unakku breakfast eduthu veikaren seekarama ready ayitu vaa' said she went from there.

'Seri ma. Naan ready aagaren' said and for one last time, I saw the terrace where I couldn't find the girl.

Please vote and comment your opinions.

SJMinnal🌼🌼🌼