016

Yeoryeong's tears flowed incessantly down her cheeks, leaving a lasting impression on Mimi's heart. The expression on her face was one of deep sorrow and anguish. She had never imagined that anyone would shed tears on her behalf, nor had she anticipated that two individuals would be so deeply concerned for her well-being.

Does this enduring relationship truly evoke such emotions? The sensation is unsettling, for it carries an air of impropriety.

Chomi felt a sense of displacement, as if she was an outsider in this place. She couldn't help but feel undeserving of anything, simply because everything was so unfamiliar to her. It didn't help that she wasn't the original "Chomi," adding to her sense of detachment from her surroundings.

The monotony of her existence was akin to a never-ending circus performance. The irony of her situation was not lost on her, for though it held a certain humor, it was also tinged with a deep sadness. She found herself ensnared in a life that was not of her choosing, a fate that seemed immutable and unyielding. No matter how she struggled against it, the chains of her circumstance remained unbroken.

With a gentle smile on her face, she patted the two individuals as they embraced her. Yeoryeong wept uncontrollably, while Dan-I stoically suppressed her own tears.

In this moment, the pair refused to release Chomi from their grasp, as if their very existence relied on her presence. One could hardly resist, could they not? Moments ago, Chomi had been relegated to the recesses of their mind.

"Are you alright?" Dani asked, as anyone could tell how she was holding back her tears.

How funny it is when Mimi responds with a nod.

Lies? Is lying to them the only way?

"You're causing irreparable damage to all that we hold dear". A sound, devoid of any discernible source, reverberated through her consciousness, serving as a poignant reminder of the true narrative trajectory as depicted in both the novel and manwha.

'Oh, right... They shouldn't be here,' She looked at them with a facade smile plastered on her face while patting the two on their heads.

"Wahh-!! Sorry, Mimi. Yeoryeong's tears were like a river, and snot was stringing from her nose as she sobbed.

Mimi let out a hesitant laugh, which quickly faded. What else, she wondered as she looked back and up at the sky, could she do if something went wrong?

---

"The superior has finally arrived!" At some point, the crazy-looking goddess in everyone's eyes but her own barged into the room with her trademark grin.

"Where is my delicious steak?" she asked boldly as she stood at the entrance, as if she hadn't had any troubles before. Regardless of the fact that she froze at sight when she realized her parents were not the only ones present.

Among them stood Dan-I's parents, Yeoryeong's brother, Lee Ruda's father, and the rest.

"Crap." With a single utterance, Chomi's complexion transformed into a ghostly white, resembling a blank sheet of paper. The recollection of this particular moment had been obscured by a past occurrence, causing her to nearly overlook the fact that Dan-I, Yeoryeong, and Lee Ruda had arranged to convene serendipitously.

"Mind your language, my dear," her mother chides, taking a sip of her tea as she corrects her daughter's choice of words. The daughter retorted, "Oh, did I say it that loud?"

"..."

"...hi?"

A hush fell over them, as if a divine presence had descended upon their midst. Fortunately, the stillness was short-lived, thanks to Dan-I, who never failed to come to the rescue. "Mimi?" She inquired.