Chapter 28

"It's too cold for you to be up here tonight. Especially without a jumper."

"I'm too tired to care right now, Dray." Draco slips his jacket onto my shoulders and sits down next to me. I pull the jacket around me, reveling in the warmth of it.

"Then you need to get some sleep." I shrug. I'm not in the mood to deal with this. I'm exhausted and the argument we had a week ago still weighs on my mind. Neither of us had talked to each other since then, so this is the first time.

"Emotionally tired not physically." I mumble. I don't care if he heard me or not. My eyes close as I place my head on my knees, while letting out a shaky breath.

"Are you ok?" I look up and glare at him.

"No. I'm not Draco! I'm so fucking stressed out, knowing how this year is going to end! You're so fucking bipolar that I don't know what I'm going to get from you. Which doesn't help when I really need you." Tears start running down my face as every emotion I have been feeling this past week pours out. "I have no one I can explain this to. I don't want to spoil anything for Parker. I can't fully trust Ethan. And you have been an ass about everything I tell you." I stand up and walk off, the blank expression on Draco's face telling me that none of that actually penetrated his head. I leave the astronomy tower, dropping Draco's jacket on the head of the stairs, with tears running down my face and my head shaking.

Weeks later and nothing has really changed. Except I've been a bit more distant from everyone. Whenever classes were done I would head straight to my dorm and bury my nose in a book or my homework. I would go to Snape's occlumency lessons, which I have slowly gotten better at, then go back to my dorm and occlude until I was so exhausted that I would fall asleep. Of course I would wake up with a pounding headache every morning but I never let it show.

Draco hasn't tried to talk to me. Fred has, acting like nothing had happened, but I've either ignored him or brushed him off. On the few weekends before today, I would go to the room of requirements after Snape's lesson and stay there, only going out to get food.

Today is Halloween. Earlier in the day the Beauxbatons and the Durmstrang arrived so tonight's Halloween feast will also be a welcoming celebration for them.

Since today is Parker's favorite holiday she asked me to do her hair again. I agreed, which ended in me getting dragged to the bathroom so I could color her hair. As soon as she sat down in the chair that so happened to be placed in front of the mirror, she said I could style her hair how I want to. I gave her a confused look but she just shrugged and smiled.

"Why don't you use magic on your hair like you do for mine?" Parker asks as I take another few strands of her hair.

I shrug. "Magic isn't that permanent."

"Draco told me he was curious but he was kind of scared to ask you." I roll my eyes.

"I'm not in the mood to talk about Draco right now." I whisper. I take another piece of her hair and dye it a dark shade of purple. Then another, a shade of orange.

"What did he do?" She says in an equally quiet voice.

"He's being a bipolar pain in the ass." She shrugs with a laugh.

"So like usual?" I snort at her comment before setting my wand on the desk so I can braid her hair.

I look over my work when I finish her hair. I think I did well but I think I need to curl it. On both sides of Parker's head there are two braids that connect at the back. Orange and purple weave through the braid. I left the two white strands of hair at the front alone but I did turn the color of them from with to orange fading to purple. The rest of her hair is black with a few orange and purple highlights throughout it.